Can someone tell me what type of anemone is?

AydenLincoln

Pufferfish lover!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I want him. Someone at Petco told me they got it in as a bubble. Is it a condy? And what’s the compatibility in a nano reef tank with a rainbow bubble tip anemone? @vetteguy53081 Do you know maybe?
A60046F1-DB4C-4146-90D6-4F1CF0AF39B6.jpeg

Last edited:

Troylee

all about the diy!!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Almost looks like a torch lol.. not sure what kind that is.. as for being in a nano tank that all depends on what’s in there and what you plan on keeping, your lighting etc.. they will sting and kill any coral you have in the tank if it happens to move around and touch them.

OP
OP
AydenLincoln

AydenLincoln

Pufferfish lover!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Almost looks like a torch lol.. not sure what kind that is.. as for being in a nano tank that all depends on what’s in there and what you plan on keeping, your lighting etc.. they will sting and kill any coral you have in the tank if it happens to move around and touch them.
It’s definitely an anemone. That much I know.

Troylee

all about the diy!!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It’s definitely an anemone. That much I know.
Yes I know that for sure lol.. it has a foot and no skeleton.. if you don’t plan on having corals or wanna take that chance it’s up to you.. I’m scared to put one in my 60gal and I love them! I’ve had good luck in the past but there’s always that chance it wipes everything out one night..

Reefahholic

Acropora Farmer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It’s a magnifica anemone like @V A R I A N T mentioned above.

Definitely not a beginner anemone. I find them to be one of the beautiful of all. They enjoy a well established system with a lot of light.. typically a few years old, but can survive in a younger system if the Chemistry is on point. They do extremely well with most of the trace elements in range. I see newbies get them or places like Petco and, watch them waste away sadly. They can do really well for a while and then deflate and crash. Very similar to Acropora.

OP
OP
AydenLincoln

AydenLincoln

Pufferfish lover!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
It’s a magnifica anemone like @V A R I A N T mentioned above.

Definitely not a beginner anemone. I find them to be one of the beautiful of all. They enjoy a well established system with a lot of light.. typically a few years old, but can survive in a younger system if the Chemistry is on point. They do extremely well with most of the trace elements in range. I see newbies get them or places like Petco and, watch them waste away sadly. They can do really well for a while and then deflate and crash. Very similar to Acropora.
Would it crash an entire tank? What if I put it in an isolation box?

OP
OP
AydenLincoln

AydenLincoln

Pufferfish lover!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Won't the isolation box block the flow it needs to be happy, stop food from entering, and also prevent it from behaving naturally in general?
No they have anemone boxes or mesh ones. For this purpose they people keep them in longterm. Some don’t block flow that much.

TangerineSpeedo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Stop! Walk Away! You can't have everything! Do not walk yourself into another potential disaster!
Besides Petco puts their Nems in with live rock, so you would have to buy that piece of live rock or worse have the Petco employee rip the foot and stress out the nem.

livinlifeinBKK

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No they have anemone boxes or mesh ones. For this purpose they people keep them in longterm. Some don’t block flow that much.
You sure those aren't for temporarily acclimation, breeding, and temporary isolation? I've never heard of someone keeping an anemone in a box permanently...

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 39 47.6%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 42 51.2%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 17 20.7%
  • None.

Votes: 22 26.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 9.8%

Back