Can someone tell me what type of anemone is?

OP
OP
AydenLincoln

AydenLincoln

Pufferfish lover!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
You sure those aren't for temporarily acclimation, breeding, and temporary isolation? I've never heard of someone keeping an anemone in a box permanently...
I know they are branded for that. But I do know people who’ve had success keeping them in them longterm for months because they wandered or had another problem.

livinlifeinBKK

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know they are branded for that. But I do know people who’ve had success keeping them in them longterm for months because they wandered or had another problem.
But you're not talking about putting him in there because you bought him and are now having a problem, you're talking about buying something you know will be a problem and putting it permanently in a little jail box

OP
OP
AydenLincoln

AydenLincoln

Pufferfish lover!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Stop! Walk Away! You can't have everything! Do not walk yourself into another potential disaster!
Besides Petco puts their Nems in with live rock, so you would have to buy that piece of live rock or worse have the Petco employee rip the foot and stress out the nem.
Okay to be clear it wasn’t a disaster! And I know there’s a way to not rip the anemone off by pointing flow at it. You just have to be gentle. Are there any other anemones similar? I did see this green bta I liked too. In the sand. And isn’t it so hard not to just buy everything? Ugh lol.

bnord

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Friend, you sound like you’re looking for good reasons to support the purchase. You got a lot of experience folks telling you there are better ideas out there. Up to you but it’s a risky addition. Best of luck

OP
OP
AydenLincoln

AydenLincoln

Pufferfish lover!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Friend, you sound like you’re looking for good reasons to support the purchase. You got a lot of experience folks telling you there are better ideas out there. Up to you but it’s a risky addition. Best of luck
Any other suggestions? I probably won’t get one but I do really like the way they look. I did see a beautiful green bta in the substrate that I was thinking about. And I was bummed to find out that tube anemones are NPS and not reef-friendly either. Everything I like is either not compatible or like a million dollars lol.

exnisstech

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'd recommend you step away Ayden. Don't let emotion cloud your judgment. Maybe look into some rock flower nems. Many colors to choose from, they don't kill fish, and you can place them all together. It would be different if you had a large tank but last I knew you didn't.

livinlifeinBKK

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Filter feeding cucumbers like these stay small and are really cool to watch eat...they don't cause any trouble either IMG_20220611_075115.jpg

bnord

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any other suggestions? I probably won’t get one but I do really like the way they look. I did see a beautiful green bta in the substrate that I was thinking about. And I was bummed to find out that tube anemones are NPS and not reef-friendly either. Everything I like is either not compatible or like a million dollars lol.
An early guess at what it looked like was a torch - and you disabused them of that guess.
have you considered and no name basic torch? Less dependent on light and still has the same movement with flow

X-37B

Fight the Good Fight
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anemomes, imo, need a stable mature system to thrive.
I normally do not keep them but a local tore down his system and this one was 6 years old.
I put it in my 30g old fuge system thats attatched to my current 80g.
Not much else but live rock, 3+" sandbed, and a few corals and fish.
This is the clowns first anemone as I have had both since they were <1".

This one has not moved from the rock I set it on which is not normal.
Anemomes are cool but need a system of thier own or a very large system, imo.
20220903_184525.jpg

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 64 36.8%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 59 33.9%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 14.4%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 26 14.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back