Can thesetwo wrasse share a tank ?

Eddie7144

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just curious, the charts would appear to say no, but I wanna make sure. I have a male solon wrasse that looks amazing. I am a big fan or the orange back wrasse. Can they be put together on a standard 150 gal tank ?

Highgrade

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just curious, the charts would appear to say no, but I wanna make sure. I have a male solon wrasse that looks amazing. I am a big fan or the orange back wrasse. Can they be put together on a standard 150 gal tank ?
You most likely would have some aggression issues. If you plan to add them it would be best if they were on the smaller/juvenile side. I would use an acclimation box when adding the second one. This will give you a sense of aggression from the start. Eventually you may have an issue with one or the other as they mature.

OP
OP
Eddie7144

Eddie7144

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You most likely would have some aggression issues. If you plan to add them it would be best if they were on the smaller/juvenile side. I would use an acclimation box when adding the second one. This will give you a sense of aggression from the start. Eventually you may have an issue with one or the other as they mature.
Oh well never mind definitely dont need the head ache , to bad

eatbreakfast

Fish Nerd
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Would they be the only 2 fairies? If so there will be more focused attention by the dominant one to the subordinate one. But if there are other fairies, this serves as a distraction. These social interactions though result in brighter colors and fascinating displays.

I have both species together in a 120g I take care of with minimal issues.

Utilizing a social acclimation box for introduction is recommended.

OP
OP
Eddie7144

Eddie7144

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Would they be the only 2 fairies? If so there will be more focused attention by the dominant one to the subordinate one. But if there are other fairies, this serves as a distraction. These social interactions though result in brighter colors and fascinating displays.

I have both species together in a 120g I take care of with minimal issues.

Utilizing a social acclimation box for introduction is recommended.
I have A solon Wrasse, exquisite wrassw, rosey scae, yellow corvis and mccosker , 3 clowns, basslet, amd a few othes

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 36 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 24.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.3%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 26.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back