Can this be a pest on my acropora?

Sophisticated Reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello, this morning when the lights where off I saw a strange spot on my acro.
Can you guys please look at it and tell me what this could be?

Thnx!
IMG_20201022_053250__01.jpg

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
While its visible- remive with tweezers or dip it to remove and asap before it goes on a journey where you can’t find it

Smite

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Been there! I bought a few pieces that were out of my comfort zone financially and paid the price as well from not dipping. I dosed flatworm stop on that system until I upgraded and it helped but was expensive. Cut off all my colonies from the rock at that point and ran a frag tank where I dipped repeatedly.

For dips, bayers is hard to mess up. I've basically made a milkshake from the stuff and haven't lost a piece in a dip to date.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
By dipping, if there’s more than one. You will quickly discover that

OP
OP
Sophisticated Reefer

Sophisticated Reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Been there! I bought a few pieces that were out of my comfort zone financially and paid the price as well from not dipping. I dosed flatworm stop on that system until I upgraded and it helped but was expensive. Cut off all my colonies from the rock at that point and ran a frag tank where I dipped repeatedly.

For dips, bayers is hard to mess up. I've basically made a milkshake from the stuff and haven't lost a piece in a dip to date.
Thing is, I live in Europe and bayer is not buyable here..

ocncheffy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Been there having this issue for most of the year. I got a Timor wrasse and Zeovit Flatworm stop and I haven't seen any damage or flat worms for the past 4 months now. I bought the larger size of Flatworm stop to help strengthen SPS immunity, and I have to attribute the eradication to me blasting the SPS colonies with a turkey baster everyday, and dipping ones that had additional damage. With this habit added to your daily schedule, you should be clear in a few weeks. Oh, and if you can't get a Timor wrasse, get a sixline.

OP
OP
Sophisticated Reefer

Sophisticated Reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thnx guys for the Information but these are all not available in my country, every "stronger" product with certain medicine in it are not available for people to buy in shops. I would have to get this from a veterinarian.. and would have to know what the active product is in the pest control product

Kz flatworm is available here tho

ocncheffy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thnx guys for the Information but these are all not available in my country, every "stronger" product with certain medicine in it are not available for people to buy in shops. I would have to get this from a veterinarian.. and would have to know what the active product is in the pest control product

Kz flatworm is available here tho

Remember though, KZ Flatworm stop simply strengthens the SPS mucus layer, and doesn't actively kill flatworms. You'll need a wrasse, dipping, and blasting with a turkey baster to accomplish this.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 99 88.4%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 6 5.4%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 4 3.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.7%
Back