Can we add AI Products on Ecotech Mobius yet?

Gernader

Reefing is a never-ending addiction...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Hey, I’m wondering if we can add AI products on Mobius yet? I mainly want to add my Hydra 32HDs.

Please let me know! Thanks.

@Tim at EcoTech

Last edited:

KingTideCorals

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey, I’m wondering if we can add AI products on Mobius yet? I mainly want to add my Hydra 32HDs.

Please let me know! Thanks.

@Tim at EcoTech
From my knowledge I believe that you still need to utilize the AI app to have them on your phone for wireless controlling... you tagged the right guy for the answer though!

Search online shows that still no ability to add AI to the ecotech mobius still

OP
OP
Gernader

Gernader

Reefing is a never-ending addiction...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
From my knowledge I believe that you still need to utilize the AI app to have them on your phone for wireless controlling... you tagged the right guy for the answer though!

Search online shows that still no ability to add AI to the ecotech mobius still
Thanks, that‘s what I thought! The customer service support said it may be available in late 2021. I just hate to keep switching apps back and forth for the lights and pumps lol.

KingTideCorals

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks, that‘s what I thought! The customer service support said it may be available in late 2021. I just hate to keep switching apps back and forth for the lights and pumps lol.
A little bit tedious but hopefully in due time they get all the products to the point where you can have them on one hub...

As for now.. just one extra step!

thewedge

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wish he showed how he did it. I could not add my AI 32HDs to Mobius.

**Edit- sorry, he did say. You have to email Ecotech support to have it activated. Will be looking into that.

Last edited:

Martingale

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Yes you can, and here is how:

thewedge

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got the hookup from Ecotech this morning. Once they activated me, Mobius saw my Hydra32s and after a firmware update, I was able to add the lights. Can't say that there is necessarily a huge benefit or difference other than it now includes the additional presets from AI's website. The interface for modifying the schedule is the same. You can also make scenes that include the Vortechs and the lights, though I can't at the moment think of a use case. Still, I guess it's nice to have one less app.

Fusion in reefing: How do you feel about grafted corals?

• I strongly prefer grafted corals and I seek them out to put in my tank.

Votes: 3 5.0%
  • I find grafted corals appealing and would be open to having them in my tank.

Votes: 36 60.0%
  • I am indifferent about grafted corals and am not enthusiastic about having them in my tank.

Votes: 15 25.0%
  • I have reservations about grafted corals and would generally avoid having them in my tank.

Votes: 5 8.3%
  • I have a negative perception and would avoid having grafted corals in my tank.

Votes: 1 1.7%
Back