Can we see your SPS growth pics?

SebastianReefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Awesome. And cool lobster or shrimp thingy
This also another tank 40 gallon 2 years in started as frag

504E98D7-F5BE-44CB-87F9-312DCBEAE85F.jpeg 7EF5F5FA-99CA-43DD-8569-A13F1EFB9BD8.jpeg

OP
OP
DraggingTail

DraggingTail

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
All 3 I use salifert test kits.
I would recommend looking at Glenn Fong on R2R for info on DSR trace.
I dose strontium because his method has strontium in with calcium.
He doses cal/str and alk with a doser. Same with his trace.
He dose not like or use a carx.
After reading his long post I will answer any questions.
If you have not seen his tanks you will be floored by what they look like and the growth he gets with his method.

Is that his handle?

1582595354536.png

Hemmdog

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What is the Red Sea method. Just using all Red Sea products and following instructions? I have Reef Energy (A+B) and Trace Elements (A,B,C,D)
Yeah the aminos and traces, I did Nopox for awhile too. Wasn’t a fan.

2Wheelsonly

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very nice responses on here.

Looking for any tips that you are willing to offer in order to make my newly added coral grow faster. I added a video below.

I have 75 gallon system that is going on 2 years old
55 gallon tall tank
20 gallon sump
Hamilton Lighting CEBU Sun MH \ T5 Combo
2 420nm T5s on from 8am to 8pm
2 460nm T5s on from 10am to 6pm
2 400W MHs on from 11am to 2pm (used to be 4pm but lower for new coral)
900 PAR 6 inches, 600 PAR 12 inches, 300 PAR at 18 inches
Refugium on opposite light schedule with Blue, White, Red and Green LEDs with Chaeto
Arctica 1/5 Chiller
2 MP40s on surge
Octo Skimmer 150S

Feed pureed clam, mussel, shrimp, aminos daily
Feed fish LRS Reef Frenzy once a day

Temp 79 degrees, never moves

Parameter log below on Google Sheets.

Or

Latest parameters...
1582593987744.png

Lots of coralline and green calcareous. Pic below when all the lights are on.
1582594215935.png

Video under 420nm T5s

i'd ditch aminos and just target feed your acans. looking at that sheet i'd be worried about your no3 jumping around like crazy. It goes from crazy high to crazy low and all around...just feed fish and focus on keeping that number stable. The biggest thing with my tank is my growth is great when I keep nitrates stable around 10 and po4 around 0.02. As of late I have been battling flow and algae issues due to growth and lack of flow...my nitrates have not been stable and extra high and my growth stalled big time. I used to cut frags and they encrust rapidly within the first week, now they just sit there no growing at all after 4 weeks due to my nutrient issues. I just recently bit the bullet, upgraded flow and cut back all my colonies big time to start making room again.

OP
OP
DraggingTail

DraggingTail

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i'd ditch aminos and just target feed your acans. looking at that sheet i'd be worried about your no3 jumping around like crazy. It goes from crazy high to crazy low and all around...just feed fish and focus on keeping that number stable. The biggest thing with my tank is my growth is great when I keep nitrates stable around 10 and po4 around 0.02. As of late I have been battling flow and algae issues due to growth and lack of flow...my nitrates have not been stable and extra high and my growth stalled big time. I used to cut frags and they encrust rapidly within the first week, now they just sit there no growing at all after 4 weeks due to my nutrient issues. I just recently bit the bullet, upgraded flow and cut back all my colonies big time to start making room again.

NO3 out of whack from vibrant. I had some bryopsis that I missed on that chalice. Now I have it here and there. Tried eradicate with vibrant but only killed my chaeto. Then nitates and PO4 spiked. Now numbers are coming back down.

I just target bryopsis with peroxide now.

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 70 37.4%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 63 33.7%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 13.4%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 28 15.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.5%
Back