Can White Cap Gobies pair with Candy Cane Pistols?

Northwest_Scapes_

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi! So I've seen White Cap Gobies always sold as pairs with a Purple Spotted Pistol Shrimp, and I've seen them pair up with Tiger Pistols as well, but what about Candy Cane / Randall's Pistols? I was thinking about having a Pair in a new 10 I setup recently since LA has been having singular White Caps on DD for while now and if I added them at the same time, what's the likelihood of them pairing up?

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi! So I've seen White Cap Gobies always sold as pairs with a Purple Spotted Pistol Shrimp, and I've seen them pair up with Tiger Pistols as well, but what about Candy Cane / Randall's Pistols? I was thinking about having a Pair in a new 10 I setup recently since LA has been having singular White Caps on DD for while now and if I added them at the same time, what's the likelihood of them pairing up?
I’m pretty sure that white cap gobies only truly pair with the purple spotted pistols, I don’t think they actually pair with tiger pistols.
My LFS said that the white caps only pair up with one species of pistol shrimp.

OP
OP
Northwest_Scapes_

Northwest_Scapes_

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m pretty sure that white cap gobies only truly pair with the purple spotted pistols, I don’t think they actually pair with tiger pistols.
My LFS said that the white caps only pair up with one species of pistol shrimp.
Ah that makes more sense unfortunately. I might go with my 2nd option then of a Flaming Prawn Goby and pray it doesn't get lost in a 10 Gallon with minimal rockwork lol

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ah that makes more sense unfortunately. I might go with my 2nd option then of a Flaming Prawn Goby and pray it doesn't get lost in a 10 Gallon with minimal rockwork lol
I honestly doubt a flaming prawn goby would get lost in a 10g haha, maybe just keep throwing pods in just in case it doesn’t come out for food though (My LFS has one in and I would love it but fear my yasha would think of it as dinner in a 15g tank)

Tchung23

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just bought a flaming prawn goby. Very small fish and if you have a bigger tank you will spend hours looking for it:)

But it is a really cool fish. Also this goby does not pair with pistol shrimp even though it's named flaming prawn goby!!

Tchung23

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here’s a really bad pic. So small about 1” in total length. They guys don’t really swim. They kinda crawl around the rocks.

Attachments

• 60DDCF16-13EE-4B65-AF4B-5A188623B5CD.jpeg
    60DDCF16-13EE-4B65-AF4B-5A188623B5CD.jpeg
    106.1 KB · Views: 24
  • 4E191FD3-A327-4E59-9B8A-484E5B87BB7A.jpeg
    4E191FD3-A327-4E59-9B8A-484E5B87BB7A.jpeg
    124.8 KB · Views: 23

noonelikesadrytang

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just bought a flaming prawn goby. Very small fish and if you have a bigger tank you will spend hours looking for it:)

But it is a really cool fish. Also this goby does not pair with pistol shrimp even though it's named flaming prawn goby!!
That’s not true. I’ve had them pair with a candy cane pistol shrimp.

Rock solid aquascape: Does the weight of the rocks in your aquascape matter?

• The weight of the rocks is a key factor.

Votes: 10 8.7%
  • The weight of the rocks is one of many factors.

Votes: 42 36.5%
  • The weight of the rocks is a minor factor.

Votes: 35 30.4%
  • The weight of the rocks is not a factor.

Votes: 27 23.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.9%
Back