Can You Add New Fish To A Quarantine Tank That Already Have Fish In It?

Tnops

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If the quarantining tank only have a bit of copper power that will be ramped up to eliminate velvet, already have some fish in it, and have enough space, can I add new fish to it? This way they will be disease free automatically when I finally add them to my DT in 2 months (fallowing period)

Fish Think Pink

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If the quarantining tank only have a bit of copper power that will be ramped up to eliminate velvet, already have some fish in it, and have enough space, can I add new fish to it? This way they will be disease free automatically when I finally add them to my DT in 2 months (fallowing period)
Recognizing original QT/HT (hospital tank) fish will be medicated extra long as they'll be there for new fish medication, then yes

OP
OP
Tnops

Tnops

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Recognizing original QT/HT (hospital tank) fish will be medicated extra long as they'll be there for new fish medication, then yes
Yea, I haven't even started the 76 day timer as I'm gonna get the ammonia to 0 first before adding that much copper power

saltyhog

blowing bubbles somewhere
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Since it sounds like your QT is presently subtherapeutic with copper level then yes. Only down side IMO is if any of the fish already in the QT tank are sensitive to copper and your levels are approaching therapeutic levels now.

OP
OP
Tnops

Tnops

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The 76 day timer is on the tank being fallow. It hasn't anything to do with the QT tank.
oh thanks for correcting me, I commented that without using my head. I meant that my timer for the copper timer hasn't started although there is a bit of copper in the tank, its not therapeutic atm

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 33 34.7%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 20 21.1%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 9.5%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 5 5.3%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 25 26.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 3.2%
Back