Can you dose antibiotics to food and water at the same time?

f8th

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I currently have a lubbocks wrasse in kanaplex+metroplex+furan2 dosed water with some kind of bacterial infection. Can I also feed metro or kana soaked food with focus, or should it be one or the other?

Big G

captain dunsel
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I currently have a lubbocks wrasse in kanaplex+metroplex+furan2 dosed water with some kind of bacterial infection. Can I also feed metro or kana soaked food with focus, or should it be one or the other?
Bacterial infections are best treated with meds that are absorbed through the skin. Generally speaking feeding antibiotics is used to treat internal parasites.

OP
OP
F

f8th

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bacterial infections are best treated with meds that are absorbed through the skin. Generally speaking feeding antibiotics is used to treat internal parasites.

If I suspect both can I use the meds in the food and the water at the same time? Or will that overdose the fish?

Big G

captain dunsel
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If I suspect both can I use the meds in the food and the water at the same time? Or will that overdose the fish?
Depends on the meds. If for example you are dosing metro into the water, you can also "feed" metro to the fish as long as you remove any of the uneaten food from the tank.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 31 31.0%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 25 25.0%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 19 19.0%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 25 25.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back