Can you keep a Golden Butterfly AND a Saddleback Butterfly in a 180...?

Tanglover1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can you keep a Golden Butterfly AND a Saddleback Butterfly in a 180 (6 ft. x 2 ft. x 2 ft.) ...?
U can keep but some aggression will be there specially if they r of same sex and there is no way to determine the sex. Golden butterfly are difficult to keep as it is not so easy to get them eating once u do that, they r pretty hardy. Keep in mind that they r not reef safe.

dennis romano

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes. Both are pretty mellow butterflies. Neither get too large either. I have nine butterflies in a 125 gallon FOWLR and my saddleback has never chased another fish.

OP
OP
salty150

salty150

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you both!

My plan is to add them both at the same time.

If there is any aggression - to separate them by a piece of drilled (for water flow) see-through plastic for awhile so they can get "used" to each other without being able to get at each other.

I have been told that if you have a hard time getting the Golden to eat - to try clams in the half shell; and if that doesn't work to try Masstick.

Tanglover1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Golden to eat - to try clams in the half shell; and if that doesn't work to try Masstick.
Once u get them eating, they r a very good addition to tank. Mine accepted food after frozen mysis:). They also love the taste of corals

Back