Can you mix two types of copper medication?

SimplyVibing

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m running three QT tanks, and treated using Copper Power at first. Unfortunately I ran out and my copper reading is only 1 ppm on all three tanks.
Long story short, I bought cuprimine instead because that’s what my LFS carries. Is it safe to mix Copper Power and cuprimine? It is also worth mentioning that the water in the QT tank tap water mixed with instant ocean and dechlorinated with Prime.

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m running three QT tanks, and treated using Copper Power at first. Unfortunately I ran out and my copper reading is only 1 ppm on all three tanks.
Long story short, I bought cuprimine instead because that’s what my LFS carries. Is it safe to mix Copper Power and cuprimine? It is also worth mentioning that the water in the QT tank tap water mixed with instant ocean and dechlorinated with Prime.
Sorry, no, you shouldn't add those two copper products together because they test on different scales. A full dose of Cupramine would be around 0.55 ppm. Copper Power is 2 to 2.5 ppm. If you mix them, you'll have no way to know how much of your reading is one copper or the other. You *might* be able to mix copper power and coppersafe because they are dosed fairly similarly, but even then, it would be a bit dicey.

Jay

Rock solid aquascape: Does the weight of the rocks in your aquascape matter?

• The weight of the rocks is a key factor.

Votes: 10 8.1%
  • The weight of the rocks is one of many factors.

Votes: 43 34.7%
  • The weight of the rocks is a minor factor.

Votes: 39 31.5%
  • The weight of the rocks is not a factor.

Votes: 31 25.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.8%
Back