Can you overdose Acropower (or aminos)?

HM3105

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all,

I did some searching but didn't really find an answer. I am currently dosing probably around 10x-20x the recommend dose per the instructions from the manufacturer. I've been doing this for probably 2 months at this point and haven't really seen anything negative*. Does anyone know what the effect of dosing essentially aminos at a much higher dosage than is recommended ?

* while I can't point to the Acropower as the source, some of of my SPS are pale but mostly it's blue and pinks that are pale specifically. There could be any number of reasons for this including trace element issues, lighting type, etc.

watdachuck

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you watch Julians video explanation on its use he says you cannot overdose it. However, he does say to limit using after signs of cyano or other algae’s.

That being said using that much over the instructed volume would not be recommended.

Upvote 0

LAX Noob Reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   1   0
Hi all,

I did some searching but didn't really find an answer. I am currently dosing probably around 10x-20x the recommend dose per the instructions from the manufacturer. I've been doing this for probably 2 months at this point and haven't really seen anything negative*. Does anyone know what the effect of dosing essentially aminos at a much higher dosage than is recommended ?

* while I can't point to the Acropower as the source, some of of my SPS are pale but mostly it's blue and pinks that are pale specifically. There could be any number of reasons for this including trace element issues, lighting type, etc.
just algae boom, if you have enough CUC don't worry about it. But I would cut back on it.

Upvote 0

Dkmoo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Corals can only absorb so much, probably most of what you overdosed got pulled out by skimmer or decomposed to simpler N, C and P compounds and got processed out by your normal biological filtration

Upvote 0
Back