Can you put multiple chocolate chip stars in a 125?

Makubex

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wanna keep a few as a cuc, at petco i saw like 4 in one 10 gallon tank, can i keep like 2-3 or as many needed to be a cuc in a 125? My 3" picasso triggerfish doesnt bother it nor nips it, I was told it depends on the triggerfish itself at the lfs and this one is pretty docile, how many cc sfs would i need to have in a 125 for a complete cuc? Thanks

Coralreefer1

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That shouldn't be an issue to maintain more than one CC in a large tank.
be careful of what fish you place in there as well as if the possibility arises that you want to add corals in the near future.

OP
OP
M

Makubex

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That shouldn't be an issue to maintain more than one CC in a large tank.
be careful of what fish you place in there as well as if the possibility arises that you want to add corals in the near future.
Okay but how many ccs should i keep?

AydenLincoln

Pufferfish lover!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
No you shouldn’t especially in a 125 because they get big. Fish stores/Petco are a bad reference here because they don’t live in their tanks forever maybe a few months at most. One starfish per tank is the best thing in a home aquarium (typically regardless of size) because that way there’s no food competition from the same species of starfish or even different types.

Coralreefer1

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The idea of how many has to be addresses with how much food is in the tank for them to eat. They are scavengers and will feed on beneficial organisms within the tanks benthic areas. You would have to feed them either by target feeding or hope they are able to,feed on what food has sunk to the ground or is trapped in your rock work. I have not seen CC Sea-stars getting any bigger than a softball. Just be careful of what you add or have in your tank now so that equilibrium is maintained. Have you tried looking into Serpent and
Brittle Sea Stars? Linkia and Fromia are other species of beautiful stars.

AydenLincoln

Pufferfish lover!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
The idea of how many has to be addresses with how much food is in the tank for them to eat. They are scavengers and will feed on beneficial organisms within the tanks benthic areas. You would have to feed them either by target feeding or hope they are able to,feed on what food has sunk to the ground or is trapped in your rock work. I have not seen CC Sea-stars getting any bigger than a softball. Just be careful of what you add or have in your tank now so that equilibrium is maintained. Have you tried looking into Serpent and
Brittle Sea Stars? Linkia and Fromia are other species of beautiful stars.
But absolutely do not add multiple linckia or fromia. You can add a bunch of little micro brittle stars though. Serpent/brittle aren’t starfish though they are echinoderms which is probably one of the reasons many seem to do so well in captivity.

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 73 37.8%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 66 34.2%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 13.0%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 28 14.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.5%
Back