Can you Radion AB+ on an AI Hydra? | #AskBRStv

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Miguel Pxt

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Awesome... been waiting on this!

Now if we could just get AI to add AIcloud level control. :rolleyes:

D
Hey Big D. Just got feedback from AI on this matter and I quote:
"WiFi is built into the lights. At the moment, they are being controlled BlueTooth only. This is something we may open up later down the road. "

Big D

Master of my Domain
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey Big D. Just got feedback from AI on this matter and I quote:
"WiFi is built into the lights. At the moment, they are being controlled BlueTooth only. This is something we may open up later down the road. "

Yeah, that's basically what they told me when I got my 64hd and found out it was bluetooth only. I had an update come over last night, I was hoping it would open up the wifi... guess not.

D

Miguel Pxt

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It does take quite a bit of time and resources to put together a full video, but I assure you we will cover these lights soon. :)
Randy, just watched your video..man...you really outdid yourselves this time!!!
That is a heck of a job well done!!
Thank you so much for you contribution to the community!

Will you cover also the other lights , eg Hydra 32 and Prime16HD ?
A very common setup is a standard 4' system with 2xHydra 26, like the RSR350/425 Deluxe.
So is it possible to test that type of setup for lps/sps with 2 x Hydra32 ?
BR
Miguel

Big D

Master of my Domain
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just wrapped up the new testing approach with the Hydra64 (...warning, it's going to be a long one!). Watch for that video this Friday!

We will be applying this testing approach to all light testing going forward, but tough to say when exactly we will be able to get to the other Hydra lights. Hopefully within the next few months or so. :)

WOW!!! Absolutely amazing video Randy!

There's so much info in that video it's crazy! You guys really are a huge benefit to the community! You saved a lot of folks a lot of time, head ache and potentially a lot of money in loses. I've got my 64HD mounted at 6" over the water level, now I think I know why my Holy Grails didn't like it when I moved them up a few inches. I'll be moving it up to 12" above the water level.

Thanks for all of the hard work!

David

bearman88

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys, thanks for the info so far. I am starting a RedSea Reefer 250 with (2) Hydra 26 HD's. I'd like to try the AB+ setting, but not sure what to dial in considering I am using two lights, and most I'm seeing seems to be for one or three lights. Can anyone provide some insight here? I am just now cycling the tank. Thanks!

JFLU

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys, thanks for the info so far. I am starting a RedSea Reefer 250 with (2) Hydra 26 HD's. I'd like to try the AB+ setting, but not sure what to dial in considering I am using two lights, and most I'm seeing seems to be for one or three lights. Can anyone provide some insight here? I am just now cycling the tank. Thanks!

This info that randy has will help you out here. Par meter will help you out the most on getting it set up right the first time. Just have to know what type of tank you want. Sps, Lps, or a mixed.
Hope this helps.

bearman88

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

This info that randy has will help you out here. Par meter will help you out the most on getting it set up right the first time. Just have to know what type of tank you want. Sps, Lps, or a mixed.
Hope this helps.

Oops sorry forgot to add - I am doing a minimalist rockscape, mixed SPS/LPS/softies.

Mashkoor

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here's what I came up with in the video for the the Hydra52. :)
UV- 156%
Violet - 154%
Royal blues - 160%
Blues - 77%
Greens - 11%
Deep reds - 40%
Cool whites - 27%
Hi Randy ... can I use this setting on my hydra 64’s ?

Bulk Reef Supply

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Randy ... can I use this setting on my hydra 64’s ?

Check out Randy's Hydra 64 setup guide video HERE. We used what we've learned about LED lighting and the best spectrum for corals to put together what we believe are the best Hydra 64 settings for coral growth and health :)

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 24 32.9%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 19 26.0%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 6 8.2%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 5 6.8%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 18 24.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.4%
Back