Can you review my Waterbox 50.3 AIO Stock List?

One Reefing Boi

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Going to be getting a Waterbox 50.3 AIO and would like some recommendations on stocking it if you have a moment to take a look!

Keep in mind, the whole system is 50gal so the display portion might be ~40g if I had to guess.

2 Clowns
YWG/Pistol Pair
Mandarin
Long Nose Hawk
Tailspot Bleny
Sand Sifting Diamond Goby

Fire Red Cleaner Shrimp
Skunk Cleaner Shrimp

Various Snails/Hermits

The tank will be Euphyllia and Softie dominant with a nem at some point too.

My questions are really:

1) Can I possibly add one/two more fish in here if they are small? Other then the clowns I don't really have any mid swimming fish. YWG hides, the Mandarin just does Mandarin things, Hawk stays perched, idk what a Blenny does all day, and the sand sifting goby is like a mini Roomba. Not a fan of the cardinals, looking for something with a bit more personalty (like a 6 Line or something)

2) Long Nose Hawk with the Fire Red/Skunk Cleaner? I know the hawkfish will eat more ornamental shrimp, but wondering if these guys are too big for it target?

3) Bleny + Mandarin + Diamond Goby ok? From my understanding the Bleny eats algae, Mandarin Pods/Frozen (captive bred), and Goby is eating anything it can find.

4) What stocking order should I try and go for if I have that luxury? I currently have the 2 clowns, YMG/Pistol, and the two shrimp.

5) Do I have all my bases covered with utilitarian fish/inverts? I do my usual water changes but really try to keep things as natural as they can (no chemical dosing) for algae care/detritus. Will possibly have an external algae reactor at some point down the road, but not planning on having a skimmer and will have some pretty macro algae in the display.

Let me know your thoughts :)
My main question is the first one about possibly stocking one/two more things/is this stock list ok?

commanderwho

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey, so what livestock did you end up all having in your 50.3?
I’m interested in hearing your full list if you have time to share. Any pictures? Thanks!

commanderwho

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey! 2 clowns, Midas blenny, 2 pajama cardinals, Melanarus wrasse, and a pistol/goby pair. Various snails and blue legged hermits. A skunk cleaner shrimp and a Halloween urchin. All are doing great!
Sorry I so didn’t see that you replied!
Got any picture updates. I’m considering the same tank for next year. Need to upgrade my waterbox 20 cube.

Hatuey

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey! 2 clowns, Midas blenny, 2 pajama cardinals, Melanarus wrasse, and a pistol/goby pair. Various snails and blue legged hermits. A skunk cleaner shrimp and a Halloween urchin. All are doing great!
It’s been some time can you provide any updates?

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 34 44.2%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 19 24.7%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 22 28.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.6%
Back