Can you use PraziPro liquid with Coppersafe at the same time?

CyberGuy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was wondering if I can use PraziPro liquid with Coppersafe at the same time. The instruction on the PraziPro bottle states not to use it with other medication but I have seen on YouTube that some people use both at the same time in their quarantine tank.

Big G

captain dunsel
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It stresses the fish more to layer meds.

But if you must, make sure to add extra O2. Prazipro has a chemical, Oxybispropanol, that helps keep the praziquantel in solution. This chemical absorbs O2 to the point where the fish can be effected. So . . .

A powerhead aimed up at the surface to where it is actively rippling the water surface.​
And a foam bubble filter running with the foam pad coming from my sump where it's been soaking for a month (or pre soak in BioSpira, etc.)​
And a HOB running with the foam pad also pre soaked and a bag of ceramic media soaked as well.​

You need to do these things as the bio filter will take a bigger hit when doubling up on meds like copper + prazi.

jefra

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You can, but I avoid it unless there's obvious signs of velvet. Otherwise, I dose Prazi into a pre-oxygenated quarantine tank on day 1 and get the new fish eating for a few days before slowing ramping up copper to therapeutic levels since it decreases appetite.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 34 31.2%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 26 23.9%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 19.3%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 25.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back