Can you use the Neptune Apex to control AI Prime/AI Hydra LEDs? | #AskBRStv

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

randyBRS

BRStv Host :-)
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow, these tanks just get smarter and smarter!

Hey guys, today we dive into @pieceofreef 's question on another forum post who asked to verify if the Neptune Apex can control the AI Prime and AI Hydra using the IOTA functionality.

And the survey says..... YES! Here's how.

FLSharkvictim

Shark Advocate
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Unreal, finally AI has joined forces w/ Neptune which should have been done years ago. Unfortunately I have jumped ship over to the new P4 and the #MaxiSA for AWCs.
Awesome vid Randy.. Hope you're doing well..
Kind Regards,
FLSharkvictim

Last edited:

randoma

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is there any way to control the AI Hydra HD's with a Neptune Apex Classic?

Dr. Reef

www.drreefsquarantinedfish.com
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i opened a ticket with AI and they were not able to help.
Once i add IOTA to Apex 2016 and find the lights and pair the Parent light (not child) it works like it supposed and i can see and change setting etc.
But 26 HD lights (i have 10 on my tank) keep flashing every 5-6 sec rather than staying on all the time.
soon as i delete IOTA the quick flashing goes away.
Also after adding the parent light to IOTA then click on the tile setting for hydra it doesnt open anything for atleast about several hours later.

Last edited:
OP
OP
randyBRS

randyBRS

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is there any way to control the AI Hydra HD's with a Neptune Apex Classic?

Other than toggling power ON/OFF if you have them plugged into an outlet, there is currently not a way to control them with the Apex Classic/Jr.

OP
OP
randyBRS

randyBRS

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i opened a ticket with AI and they were not able to help.
Once i add IOTA to Apex 2016 and find the lights and pair the Parent light (not child) it works like it supposed and i can see and change setting etc.
But 26 HD lights (i have 10 on my tank) keep flashing every 5-6 sec rather than staying on all the time.
soon as i delete IOTA the quick flashing goes away.
Also after adding the parent light to IOTA then click on the tile setting for hydra it doesnt open anything for atleast about several hours later.

With so many signals trying to communicate through the router and multiple interfaces, I wonder if the IOTA is the issue?

Have you tried removing the parent/child from the lights, then adding them into IOTA individually? Not ideal to control if you plan to make frequent changes, but you could copy/paste your set schedule into each of them and just let it run. I wonder if @Terence and team might have a better solution here?

hllb

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know this is a really old thread, but I have some questions. First, what is the advantage of using fusion to control the lights instead of myAI? Is the interface better? Just the convenience of having control in one place?

If I decide to go through the setup via Iota, will it work with my google mesh router? I saw the chart linked on the video and it says it’s unknown if it will work via WiFi. The chart is almost 2 years old so hoping there is more definitive information on that now.

Bulk Reef Supply

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know this is a really old thread, but I have some questions. First, what is the advantage of using fusion to control the lights instead of myAI? Is the interface better? Just the convenience of having control in one place?

If I decide to go through the setup via Iota, will it work with my google mesh router? I saw the chart linked on the video and it says it’s unknown if it will work via WiFi. The chart is almost 2 years old so hoping there is more definitive information on that now.

The convenience of having everything on one platform is the main draw here. I wouldn't necessarily say that one option is inherently better than the other. Keep in mind that Randy's video is only pertaining to the older Prime models, not the Prime 16 HD. The newer Prime 16's are controlled over Bluetooth, not wifi, so they aren't currently controllable via the Apex.

I've not seen any updates to the AI IoTa network chart recently, especially since the new AI lights were released.

pguinane

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi, currently have 3 ai prime hd's connected to the neptune apex EL using 1 of the ai primes as a parent. I have them mounted on a t5 hybrid running ati blue plus. I have a reefer 250 and planning a mixed reef of sps/lps. Wanted to know what config settings I should use?
1608615420452.png

Rollman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Trust me just stick with the myAI app. I love Neptune and apex but The myAI app is easy

Back