Canada customers get screwed

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Sleeping Giant

Proud Canadian Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Timely thread for me, I was just about to order from Canada and wondered about import fees. Was hoping Aquarium Depot or JL would carry Noo-psyche.

Those brokerage fees aren't too terrible, will order anyway. Excited to try one out.
hook up in the USA with @Zach B for @noopsyche lights, great service and fast delivery

Sleeping Giant

Proud Canadian Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
nevermind my post above lol I didn't read the last line
kate mckinnon snl GIF by Saturday Night Live

Sleeping Giant

Proud Canadian Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Timely thread for me, I was just about to order from Canada and wondered about import fees. Was hoping Aquarium Depot or JL would carry Noo-psyche.

Those brokerage fees aren't too terrible, will order anyway. Excited to try one out.
The Big Lebowski Film GIF by Coolidge Corner Theatre

Zach B

Noo-Psyche Sales Rep
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Hi Zach, I just had to pay $45 in brokerage fees as well. Could you advise if there's something I can do.
I'm surprised there was a fee. I used priority usps thinking they didn't have any.

Lebowski_

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Zach, any chance you would get set up with a Canadian reseller? I think most of us would rather pay a known $15-20 extra if it means removing the unreliable customs fee.

Zach B

Noo-Psyche Sales Rep
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Were there other Canadian customers that had to pay a fee with usps? I was under the impression it was only ups doing that before. We will get it figured out :)

Zach B

Noo-Psyche Sales Rep
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Hi Zach, I just had to pay $45 in brokerage fees as well. Could you advise if there's something I can do.
I can't believe they charge that much. That's crazy, that was about $90 us to send lol. I will investigate this and why and see what we can do :) My apologies. I thought the fees were like $10

Bhorsky

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can't believe they charge that much. That's crazy, that was about $90 us to send lol. I will investigate this and why and see what we can do :) My apologies. I thought the fees were like $10
That's ok, I appreciate it! Thanks again

Lebowski_

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

What did you guys pay all-in, in CAD?

I am looking at getting a K7 Mini, would like to give this brand a try before I switch larger tanks, but not sure on the math with delivery+customs.

@Paul B do you have a general price structure for Canadian customers - I know conversion rates change.

Sleeping Giant

Proud Canadian Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What did you guys pay all-in, in CAD?

I am looking at getting a K7 Mini, would like to give this brand a try before I switch larger tanks, but not sure on the math with delivery+customs.

@Paul B do you have a general price structure for Canadian customers - I know conversion rates change.
I paid $28 to customs for a noopsyche mini and about double for two 140w. Paid in Canadian loonies

Lebowski_

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I paid $28 to customs for a noopsyche mini and about double for two 140w. Paid in Canadian loonies

So around $160ish CAD after conversion and taxes (HST in Ontario) + $28 customs for the Mini.

We're at $188 CAD.

Was there anything else, such as freight/delivery?

Zach B

Noo-Psyche Sales Rep
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Wow. I'm sorry guys, I thought usps was much cheaper. It's double what ups charges to ship so I assumed they paid the majority of customs fees according to the original post

Last edited:

Sleeping Giant

Proud Canadian Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So around $160ish CAD after conversion and taxes (HST in Ontario) + $28 customs for the Mini.

We're at $188 CAD.

Was there anything else, such as freight/delivery?
it would have been that much, but I only paid customs because I won the light. But overall, that's not too bad, fast shipping and really good light prices.
It's more than likely based on what the light is worth when it's going through customs that affects the extra costs for us at customs.

Rock solid aquascape: Does the weight of the rocks in your aquascape matter?

• The weight of the rocks is a key factor.

Votes: 10 8.3%
  • The weight of the rocks is one of many factors.

Votes: 43 35.8%
  • The weight of the rocks is a minor factor.

Votes: 36 30.0%
  • The weight of the rocks is not a factor.

Votes: 30 25.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.8%
Back