Canary Blenny parasite or nipped

reef_of_the_desert

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Had a Canary Blenny for 4 weeks and woke up this morning and he was laying around in bad shape. Had some tail and dorsal tears, but also a little red spot on his side fin. I have a blue leg hermit, skunk cleaner and clowns. LFS said it was attacked and picked on and not a parasite or anything. Anyone have thoughts on this? Not sure what would have attacked. I used dry rock for the aquarium startup so I don’t think I have a hitchhiker at all.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Had a Canary Blenny for 4 weeks and woke up this morning and he was laying around in bad shape. Had some tail and dorsal tears, but also a little red spot on his side fin. I have a blue leg hermit, skunk cleaner and clowns. LFS said it was attacked and picked on and not a parasite or anything. Anyone have thoughts on this? Not sure what would have attacked. I used dry rock for the aquarium startup so I don’t think I have a hitchhiker at all.
Clowns are my suspects and sounds like territorial aggression occured.
Can you post a couple of pics under white lighting for verification ?

OP
OP
R

reef_of_the_desert

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I should have grabbed some pics. LFS actually took him to see if they could medicate him a bit. I never saw the clowns go after him and their territories were the opposite ends of the 20. The blenny actually slept attached to the glass in the back corner

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 22 31.4%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 56 80.0%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 11 15.7%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 7 10.0%
  • Other

Votes: 4 5.7%
Back