OP
cancun

cancun

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What fish do you plan on getting to add to your wrasse collection? Please tell me your adding more wrasses.
LOL! I am sure I will add more Wrasses at some point. Not for awhile though. I want to make sure my current 11 Wrasses get settled into their new home for a while! [emoji16]I was thinking of a China Wrasse, Choati Leopard, or a Potters Wrasse. I also I was toying with the idea of at some point adding a Red Sea Regal Angel. I love coral, but I love fish more! [emoji3]

OP
OP
cancun

cancun

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking good so far!!! You will love this tank! Great call on pluming the water lines directly to the tank :)
Thanks! I am so excited! I loved reading your build thread! It helped me make my mind up on this tank. Yea....I was getting tired of hauling water up the stairs! [emoji16]

OP
OP
cancun

cancun

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So update for today....made 90 gallons of RODI so far.....and today I picked the rest of my life with tank stuff up from my LFS. They are coming on Tuesday with my live rock and sand.
5a9b9092e43d9211eb0733693033a116.jpg
bfe0cd5b0b738d0bd63b533c3155a5cb.jpg
a8813df27ae334ef7d93d40544cb6018.jpg

Grossman90

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
LOL! I am sure I will add more Wrasses at some point. Not for awhile though. I want to make sure my current 11 Wrasses get settled into their new home for a while! [emoji16]I was thinking of a China Wrasse, Choati Leopard, or a Potters Wrasse. I also I was toying with the idea of at some point adding a Red Sea Regal Angel. I love coral, but I love fish more! [emoji3]
Didn't you have a potters leopard at one time? I thought you posted it on the wrasse thread.

OP
OP
cancun

cancun

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Didn't you have a potters leopard at one time? I thought you posted it on the wrasse thread.
Yep I sure did, he was doing great too! Then in June of this year I had several long time fish die of what I assume was a bacterial infection. I lost two Angelfish, a Midas Blenny, and my Potter's Wrasse. Non of my other Wrasses were affected. I didn't add anything new prior to that. It all happened in a matter of two or three days. So I became extremely interested in @HotRocks and @4FordFamily and all the great research and info on bacterial infections etc.

HotRocks

Fish Fanatic!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OP
OP
cancun

cancun

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I won't be of any help there. I ordered mine here: https://www.clearviewlids.com/ It came assembled. Just pull it out of the box and put it on the tank!
Perfect! I found them and ordered one!!!! How fast did you get yours? Do you like it?

Unfortunately my LFS who I bought the Red Sea lid from told me he can't return it....and I didn't even open it...so not sure how I will handle that. I have known them a long time.....

HotRocks

Fish Fanatic!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Perfect! I found them and ordered one!!!! How fast did you get yours? Do you like it?

Unfortunately my LFS who I bought the Red Sea lid from told me he can't return it....and I didn't even open it...so not sure how I will handle that. I have known them a long time.....
I don't remember exactly, but it was only a few weeks.

I love mine! Easy to install, easy to remove for maintenance. It doesn't take away much from the rimless design IMO.

I would just list the RS lid kit on eBay or you might even try the for sale section here at R2R.

OP
OP
cancun

cancun

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't remember exactly, but it was only a few weeks.

I love mine! Easy to install, easy to remove for maintenance. It doesn't take away much from the rimless design IMO.

I would just list the RS lid kit on eBay or you might even try the for sale section here at R2R.
Good idea!!! That's cool! I am glad I ordered it! [emoji16]

HotRocks

Fish Fanatic!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@HotRocks.....I just read through your build thread again....I love your scape!! If you don't mind I might copy it the best I can. That is one thing I hate doing! LOL!
It's a large part of the beauty of my tank and the pictures just don't do it much justice.

Honestly I am not one for aquascape either. It emulates a natural shelf on the reef. I have to credit @4FordFamily for mine. He helped me hand pick the rocks (from a local hobbyist who was parting out a 400g system) and set it up. There are a couple of large 40lb+ rocks that are the base. The rest is all just dry stacked, no glue or anything like that. My urchins have moved a couple smaller rocks around here or there but never to the point it bothered me.

I also like lots of caves for sleeping spots and it's fun watching the tangs race around in and out the rockwork.

OP
OP
cancun

cancun

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's a large part of the beauty of my tank and the pictures just don't do it much justice.

Honestly I am not one for aquascape either. It emulates a natural shelf on the reef. I have to credit @4FordFamily for mine. He helped me hand pick the rocks (from a local hobbyist who was parting out a 400g system) and set it up. There are a couple of large 40lb+ rocks that are the base. The rest is all just dry stacked, no glue or anything like that. My urchins have moved a couple smaller rocks around here or there but never to the point it bothered me.

I also like lots of caves for sleeping spots and it's fun watching the tangs race around in and out the rockwork.
Wow! I love the natural reef look! I never use anything to hold my scape together eaither. This time I want to scape once and be done, and not move rocks around constantly. @4FordFamily did a great job! LOL! I am going to go for that kind of scape....I also like caves too! Thanks for taking the time to give me all of that information on how you did your scape!!! [emoji3]

4FordFamily

Tang, Angel, and Wrasse Nerd!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow! I love the natural reef look! I never use anything to hold my scape together eaither. This time I want to scape once and be done, and not move rocks around constantly. @4FordFamily did a great job! LOL! I am going to go for that kind of scape....I also like caves too! Thanks for taking the time to give me all of that information on how you did your scape!!! [emoji3]
I’ve aquascaped tanks hundreds of times it’s just become second nature. It’s rare I don’t like the end result these days. Sometimes though I start over :D

Thanks, :)

OP
OP
cancun

cancun

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve aquascaped tanks hundreds of times it’s just become second nature. It’s rare I don’t like the end result these days. Sometimes though I start over :D

Thanks, :)
Well I need to take lessons from you! This time I want to do it once and leave it alone. In the past I would like move a rock or two, and they wouldn't go back the way I had it LOL!

OP
OP
cancun

cancun

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi! Didn't do much today, but did get my third EchoTech XR15 synced up with my it her two that are on my current tank. Also have made 160 gallons of RODI and making more as we speak.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 125 88.7%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 5.7%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 3.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.1%
Back