Cannot remove microbubbles from small aquatop protein skimmer

mikmeh

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have this skimmer that came with my Aquatop 24g. https://www.aquatop.com/2nd-generation-replacement-protein-skimmer-for-the-rc24eco-rc40eco.html

I have tried every position in the tank and raising it up and down. It produces excessive microbubbles. Been like this for week now. It's not new, but I did clean it about a week ago and that's when the microbubbles came back. Before that is was running fine, skimming, and no bubbles. It does not have any valves and no manual. I tried hanging it off the glass divider they suggest on the site. I know its not the best but since it was working before I'd like to get it working again without having to buy a new one.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
I have this skimmer that came with my Aquatop 24g. https://www.aquatop.com/2nd-generation-replacement-protein-skimmer-for-the-rc24eco-rc40eco.html

I have tried every position in the tank and raising it up and down. It produces excessive microbubbles. Been like this for week now. It's not new, but I did clean it about a week ago and that's when the microbubbles came back. Before that is was running fine, skimming, and no bubbles. It does not have any valves and no manual. I tried hanging it off the glass divider they suggest on the site. I know its not the best but since it was working before I'd like to get it working again without having to buy a new one.
Place that black spongy foam in the chamber and it should break up bubbles but do not restrict flow

OP
OP
mikmeh

mikmeh

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Place that black spongy foam in the chamber and it should break up bubbles but do not restrict flow
Thanks, so swap the sponge and protein skimmer locations. Right now the sponge is first, then protein skimmer and heater, then media baskets. The only other filtration I added are some rocks to the bottom of the sponge chamber.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 116 87.9%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 6.1%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 3.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.3%
Back