Cannot update firmware...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

*HOVA*

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm trying to update my firmware and it continues to fail. I can view my Apex in browser but never updated to be able to use Fusion as I'm on 4.20. The Flash Utility finds my unit but when I click update firmware and it gets to the point where it tries to place Apex in read to receive mode it continues to timeout.My EB8 then flashes green and the head unit status light shuts off all together.

I've attempted it numerous times and always get the same results. I've also noticed I cannot start my unit with ethernet already plugged in otherwise my EB8 blinks yellow and head unit has solid yellow. I need to wait for it to startup THEN plug ethernet in. I'm not sure if this is part of the problem as well but something of note.

When I type in the IP I can use it just fine but would be really nice to update and take advantage of Fusion....

glb

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm trying to update my firmware and it continues to fail. I can view my Apex in browser but never updated to be able to use Fusion as I'm on 4.20. The Flash Utility finds my unit but when I click update firmware and it gets to the point where it tries to place Apex in read to receive mode it continues to timeout.My EB8 then flashes green and the head unit status light shuts off all together.

I've attempted it numerous times and always get the same results. I've also noticed I cannot start my unit with ethernet already plugged in otherwise my EB8 blinks yellow and head unit has solid yellow. I need to wait for it to startup THEN plug ethernet in. I'm not sure if this is part of the problem as well but something of note.

When I type in the IP I can use it just fine but would be really nice to update and take advantage of Fusion....
Are your virus protection, firewall, and WiFi turned off when you try? Also, are you sure the IP address is correct? Mine computer’s IP is one digit different from the apex. I clicked on the magnifying glass next to the IP address and that’s when I figured it out. Once I changed the IP address to the one for the Apex, it updated fine. I’m not sure about upgrading from a much earlier version because my Apex Jr is new. Good luck!

Back