Can't fit two heaters

rsach

View Badges
Reaction score
I got two 150W Jager trutemp heaters for my 55g tank. They are too tall for my 15g sump. The only place I can put them is horizontally in the skimmer/refugium area in the sump. Should I got for lower wattage shorted ones? Any suggestions?

Sump.jpg

andrewey

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
You could go for smaller heaters, but I would just put them in the skimmer section personally. I never really noticed that much change in skimmer performance from having the heater in the same compartment on some of my setups.

OP
R

rsach

View Badges
Reaction score
You could go for smaller heaters, but I would just put them in the skimmer section personally. I never really noticed that much change in skimmer performance from having the heater in the same compartment on some of my setups.
Will it be ok to put two of them horizontally side by side? They will extend to the refugium. Will it be ok to put cheatos on top of them? Thanks!

andrewey

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Assuming the flow is good enough, having them in the skimmer or fuge section shouldn't matter, nor will it matter too much that they are next to eachother. As the flow decreases, the internal thermostat of each heater might be affected by the proximal heat from the other heater, so they might cycle on/off more than you normally would. You can either set them to different temperatures to control this or ensure flow is adequate.

Complaining about the cost of aquarium equipment when you pay large sums of money for coral & fish..

• is Fair

Votes: 131 50.8%
  • is Not Fair

Votes: 101 39.1%
  • Other (please explain)

Votes: 26 10.1%

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors
TheCoralConnect.com