Can't fit two heaters

rsach

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got two 150W Jager trutemp heaters for my 55g tank. They are too tall for my 15g sump. The only place I can put them is horizontally in the skimmer/refugium area in the sump. Should I got for lower wattage shorted ones? Any suggestions?

Sump.jpg

andrewey

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You could go for smaller heaters, but I would just put them in the skimmer section personally. I never really noticed that much change in skimmer performance from having the heater in the same compartment on some of my setups.

OP
OP
R

rsach

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You could go for smaller heaters, but I would just put them in the skimmer section personally. I never really noticed that much change in skimmer performance from having the heater in the same compartment on some of my setups.
Will it be ok to put two of them horizontally side by side? They will extend to the refugium. Will it be ok to put cheatos on top of them? Thanks!

Doctorgori

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Will it be ok to put two of them horizontally side by side? They will extend to the refugium. Will it be ok to put cheatos on top of them? Thanks!

If you got enough flow through your refugium it shouldn’t matter .... Vibrant is the only sure way to kill chaeto

GlassMunky

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have 2 Jager heaters horizontal in my fuge section with no issues.

andrewey

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Assuming the flow is good enough, having them in the skimmer or fuge section shouldn't matter, nor will it matter too much that they are next to eachother. As the flow decreases, the internal thermostat of each heater might be affected by the proximal heat from the other heater, so they might cycle on/off more than you normally would. You can either set them to different temperatures to control this or ensure flow is adequate.

Uncle99

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Some Jagers have a waterline marked on the outside which would indicate to me they should not be submersed more than the line.

Back