Status
Not open for further replies.

Shellback82

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all, I've got a huge problem! I inadvertantly added copper to my display reef tank. Huge and costly mistake. After many attempts to get all of the copper out, I decided to tear down the entire tank and start over with new rock and sand. After thoroughly washing the tank down with vinegar and water, I rinsed it down several times with fresh water then dried it. I then added freshly made saltwater and filled up my 125 gallon aquarium along with the new rock and sand. Just out of curiosity, I tested the water again hoping to find a copper result of 0.00ppm. To my dismay, it was up around .47ppm. I just made a new batch of fresh RODI water and tested it for copper and got my 0.00ppm result. My RODI system is good. I then added some salt (Instant Ocean Reef Crystals) and put a fairly new powerhead in the barrel to mix it. I tested that water and I'm up at .60ppm oc copper! The only two places it could be coming from is the salt or leaking out of my fairly new powerhead. Can anyone help me figure out what to do to fix this problem?

Status
Not open for further replies.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 31 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 25 25.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 18 18.2%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 25 25.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back