Can't open downloaded presets

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

CindyKz

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good morning,

I have a new AI Prime HD for which I would like to use preset schedules. I've connected it easily to my phone via bluetooth and created an account. I can download files from the AI website but when I try to open them my phone tells me I don't have an app that can do that, even though I have My AI on my phone. When I open my AI the downloaded files do not appear as available presets.

OS is Android 10.

Thanks in advance for any help!

Tme12

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've been able to download and use the presets off of WWC'S website. I had the same issue trying to do it on my AI prime 16HD. Contacted AI and didn't really get an answer.

OP
OP
CindyKz

CindyKz

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've been able to download and use the presets off of WWC'S website. I had the same issue trying to do it on my AI prime 16HD. Contacted AI and didn't really get an answer.

If you're using the WWC presets, how did you solve the problem? Or are you using them on a light other than your Prime 16HD?

neoender25

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had this issue with my Hydra 32HD. I DL'd 2 presets from the AI website and they weren't recognized by the app when I tried to open them on my Android device.

I found a workaround on another thread here that said to add them as attachments to an email. I added both as attachments and saved it as a draft on my Gmail account. When I went to the draft and selected each file, myAI recognized and pulled them in.

ADAM

@AK_Reefs on Instagram
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Right click on the file and select “open with” then choose myAI.
If your on IPhone / IPad you can long press on the mail attachment or file and then select “open in myAI” from the option menu that opens.

OP
OP
CindyKz

CindyKz

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had this issue with my Hydra 32HD. I DL'd 2 presets from the AI website and they weren't recognized by the app when I tried to open them on my Android device.

I found a workaround on another thread here that said to add them as attachments to an email. I added both as attachments and saved it as a draft on my Gmail account. When I went to the draft and selected each file, myAI recognized and pulled them in.

Thank you, I'll try that.

Right click on the file and select “open with” then choose myAI.
If your on IPhone / IPad you can long press on the mail attachment or file and then select “open in myAI” from the option menu that opens.

I don't get the option to open with myAI. I get a message telling me that I don't have an app available to open the file, even though myAI is installed. I'm on Android.

ADAM

@AK_Reefs on Instagram
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you, I'll try that.

I don't get the option to open with myAI. I get a message telling me that I don't have an app available to open the file, even though myAI is installed. I'm on Android.
Look in the main settings area of the device and make sure the MyAI App’s preferences/ allowances are set to appropriately. Could be the device blocking MyAI from being able to open/detect the file as a part of virus, malware, etc...

OP
OP
CindyKz

CindyKz

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Look in the main settings area of the device and make sure the MyAI App’s preferences/ allowances are set to appropriately. Could be the device blocking MyAI from being able to open/detect the file as a part of virus, malware, etc...

Good thought! They all seem correct though :(

Tme12

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Currently I'm running their 100g settings for their hydra lights, which is working well for my nano tank. You can also do the settings manually with the BRS recommended settings here:

20200607_202214.jpg

OP
OP
CindyKz

CindyKz

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It seems AI has fixed a bug or something. I was looking on their website for something else and stumbled across this:

So I tried it again, just for fun.
Now when I download a file and click "open", I get a popup that says "file saved" and the downloaded file is available in my My AI app.

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 73 51.8%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 72 51.1%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 36 25.5%
  • None.

Votes: 31 22.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.4%

Back