Biota_Marine

Jake At Biota
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
@Biota_Marine order placed 10/11 with 10/13 delivery selected. If you cannot fulfill shipment please process refund instead. I hate to be kept waiting without a response
Hello, ReefMagnet,

I'm sorry for the time it took us to respond. A delivery date wasn't chosen upon checkout; would you like to choose a delivery date? We can update the order.

AquaCave Logo Banner

ReefMagnet

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Hello, ReefMagnet,

I'm sorry for the time it took us to respond. A delivery date wasn't chosen upon checkout; would you like to choose a delivery date? We can update the order.
Hello - I don’t think the order could be placed without a delivery date and I am certain I selected 10/13. Please cancel the order and confirm refund. I’ll get it from my LFS instead

OP
Biota_Marine

Biota_Marine

Jake At Biota
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Hello - I don’t think the order could be placed without a delivery date and I am certain I selected 10/13. Please cancel the order and confirm refund. I’ll get it from my LFS instead
Hello, your order has been cancelled and refunded per your request. I apologize for any inconvenience.

OP
Biota_Marine

Biota_Marine

Jake At Biota
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
What is the size differences between if I were to buy two individual mandarins, or the pair, if there are any differe
The Mandarin Fish can be sexed by looking at the dorsal fin; in the male it's much taller and pointed. When we pair Mandarins, we choose male/female pairs. They are fairly uniform in size, but there may be a small difference in size between the two individuals unrelated to their sex. The size difference won't hinder their compatibility or growth.

- Felicia

Maxout

Fishnfun

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Probably (likely) a stupid question, but on your website it says the tank size is "up to 30 gallons". Does this mean that these will not thrive in a 200 gallon tank? I'm just wondering if they do better in smaller tanks, with less fish. I'd be interested in buying a pair.

icedearth15324

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Probably (likely) a stupid question, but on your website it says the tank size is "up to 30 gallons". Does this mean that these will not thrive in a 200 gallon tank? I'm just wondering if they do better in smaller tanks, with less fish. I'd be interested in buying a pair.
From what I've heard, they arrive very small. Best would be to keep them in a small tank until they grow larger. Otherwise you may never actually see them moving around a large tank, and can't ensure they are eating.

TTNuge

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
@Biota_Marine I'm guessing if you order 2 individual Blue Mandarins rather than the pair you could end up with either 2 males or 2 females, correct? Been thinking of getting a pair for a long time but it would sure be nice to save $60 since the individuals are on sale and the pairs aren't. I'm guessing that was by design though. :)

OP
Biota_Marine

Biota_Marine

Jake At Biota
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
@Biota_Marine I'm guessing if you order 2 individual Blue Mandarins rather than the pair you could end up with either 2 males or 2 females, correct? Been thinking of getting a pair for a long time but it would sure be nice to save $60 since the individuals are on sale and the pairs aren't. I'm guessing that was by design though. :)
It does take a significant amount of time to pick out pairs of mandarin fish, which is why we put the singles on sale but not the pairs. We typically end up with more females than males, so this helps to balance them out, as well.

OP
Biota_Marine

Biota_Marine

Jake At Biota
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Probably (likely) a stupid question, but on your website it says the tank size is "up to 30 gallons". Does this mean that these will not thrive in a 200 gallon tank? I'm just wondering if they do better in smaller tanks, with less fish. I'd be interested in buying a pS
Many reefers with very large, established tanks put the small mandarin fish right in the tank, and they're able to find enough food to grow. They may not see the fish for a time while it grows. Some reefers choose to instead keep them in smaller tanks or acclimation boxes for a time to make sure they are getting enough food. The minimum tank size for an adult mandarin has been 30+ gallons since people started keeping these as pets, mainly to ensure that there is enough live food to sustain them. We have had some more advanced keepers keep our mandarins in smaller tanks long term, which seems to work because they will eat prepared foods.

AquaCave Logo Banner

Toys For Kids Drive

Untitled-2 copy.jpg

What prizes are you most excited to possibly win?

• CADE Aquarium

Votes: 67 56.3%
  • Turbo's Aquatics GC

Votes: 12 10.1%
  • Tunze Pumps

Votes: 28 23.5%
  • SBB Corals GC

Votes: 18 15.1%
  • AquaticLife Light

Votes: 13 10.9%
  • Orphek Light

Votes: 37 31.1%