Captive-Bred Cuban Golden Basslet $600

Biota_Marine

Jake At Biota
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
One of coolest holy grail fish are finally much more obtainable! I've got a batch of our captive-bred Cuban Basslets (Gramma dejongi) for sale on the site at this new pricing. These guys are 2.5"+, reef safe, and eating everything you throw at them (mostly TDO pellet, Hikari Mysis, and PE Calanus at our facility)

Purple Gramma Dejongi (1).jpg

OP
OP
Biota_Marine

Biota_Marine

Jake At Biota
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When will the orange tail damsel come back in stock?

Those guys are out of stock for quite a bit, likely 4+ months. But I have a batch of Pavo damselfish coming in stock late next week. They're typically a bit more docile when compared to the orangetails.

OP
OP
Biota_Marine

Biota_Marine

Jake At Biota
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any idea how these would do with an established Carmabi/candy basslet?
That's actually a really great question. We have mixed these with their closer related cousins the royal gramma with no issues. The candy basslets are typically cryptic and smaller than these guys so as long as there's ample rockwork they shouldn't be a problem together. That can vary on a fish by fish basis but I would generally give it the green light.

NealH

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got my Cuban basslet from you guys a week and a half ago and it's awesome. I highly recommend them. Any idea when you might have multibar or venustus angel again?

OP
OP
Biota_Marine

Biota_Marine

Jake At Biota
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got my Cuban basslet from you guys a week and a half ago and it's awesome. I highly recommend them. Any idea when you might have multibar or venustus angel again?
Those angels usually come in small waves but I'd guess likely late fall/early Winter.

cburto

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just received my third Dejongi and I am amazed how big this guy is ! Fat and beautiful colors good gosh what a beauty . Jake was solid and helped me get a nice sized guy to go with my others. Highly recommend’!

anonomous09

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just received my third Dejongi and I am amazed how big this guy is ! Fat and beautiful colors good gosh what a beauty . Jake was solid and helped me get a nice sized guy to go with my others. Highly recommend’!
Are you keeping all three one in one tank?

LA Reef Addict

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0

Pictures please. My finger is hovering also...AND itching..lol

NealH

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Definitely make sure your Nero3/5 have the fish guard installed...

My finger is hovering over the BUY button...

Did you lose one to a powerhead? My dejongi never goes close to the Nero, but now you've got me nervous.

Jon Warner

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did you lose one to a powerhead? My dejongi never goes close to the Nero, but now you've got me nervous.

I've just read the stories... my fish won't fit but "torpedo shaped fish" might fit.

I'd hate to see a beauty like that chopped up some morning...

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 35 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 26 23.2%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.8%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 26.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back