Captive bred majestic angel...in a reef?

PhantomCavie

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello! My LFS has recently acquired some young captive bred majestic angels. I was wondering, has anyone here had success keeping them in their reef? Are they less likely to eat coral given that they are captive bred? What are your thoughts? I want to prioritize my coral but they are also an incredibly beautiful fish.

Elmer.

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I doubt that their diet will be much different. I'd say when purchasing it, assume he will go for your corals.

Matt L.

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had a Majestic Angel from 2004 to 2011. It was a model reef citizen, never touching a clam, LPS, or zoa.... until one day, it wasn't. It became highly destructive. I would recommend angels in the Genicanthus spp. I've been much happier with them.

Matt:cool:

mrtian97

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am in the same boat with you, these angels are so cool but hesitate due to having anemone and hammer coral in my tank

Highgrade

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My captive bred Majestic is going on 3 years and no issues. Occasional LPS picking but that's it. Keep them well fed. But with any angel it's a 50/50 chance they may eat coral.

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 69 52.7%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 68 51.9%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 34 26.0%
  • None.

Votes: 29 22.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.9%
Back