Captive bred Seadragons have arrived in the US!

OP
ReefFrenzy

ReefFrenzy

Shrimp Pimp
View Badges
Reaction score
I wanted to clarify a small detail which was brought to my attention after my original post was made. The male seadragons were actually collected while bearing eggs and they were housed until the eggs hatched. The "parents" were then released back into the wild while the young were raised to a suitable age where they could be shipped.

The term "captive bred" would seem to be more appropriate when the broodstock were housed in an aquarium and the spawning occurred while in captivity. It is a small detail, but to be factual I guess these should be called "captive reared."

Nonetheless they are awesome creatures and we look forward to working with the new owner who IS hoping to get them to breed under his care. It has been done before in other public aquaria settings so we are optimistic.

AC1211

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
What ever happened to these four dragons?
I wish more people kept coldwater sadly we seemingly abandoned most hope of these systems becoming more common once coldwater marine aquatics disapeared. All most people have now are catalina gobies and margarita snails.

Alaeriel

View Badges
Reaction score
The least seadragon was my favorite creature on the planet when I was a kid. I stared at them for hours at our local aquarium. Probably the spark that lit the flame for my biundless enthusiasm for fish.

How important is sand sifting or sand stirring livestock to your reef tank?

• Very important

Votes: 258 45.3%
  • Somewhat important

Votes: 180 31.6%
  • Not important

Votes: 75 13.2%
  • Not sure

Votes: 50 8.8%
  • Other (please explain)

Votes: 7 1.2%
The Random Flow Generator® Nozzle by VCA