OP
OP
Caravanshaka

Caravanshaka

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the update. Sorry to hear about your back. That’s never good. Hoping for a quick recovery.

I’m up in Georgetown and am looking at building out a fish room in an office. I’d love the chance to come down and pick your brain and look over your system

thanks! Back is doing ok for now, hopefully continues to get better so I can avoid surgery!

you are welcome to come by and talk Reef sometime, though I am quite a drive from georgetown (around an hour). Feel free to pm me for contact info.

OP
OP
Caravanshaka

Caravanshaka

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Man, I really need to clean up the wiring and the fish room and get some pics in here!

Coral seems to really be doing well...my Acros have never had as much color as they do right now! I’m also really loving the 400w Radium Halide on the frag tank, and thinking hard about getting 3 more to put over the display. At the moment, I only get a 1 degree swing in temp daily, so I’m not too terribly worried about the heat....thoughts?

I also sold my 2 DOS setups and picked up a Versa 4-pack to handle auto water changes and my Kalk reactor...having some issues right now getting the AWC to calibrate though, so will have to update with my thoughts later!

For the second time in the last month, I had a Neptune optical switch fail....this time when I pulled it out I found rust!!! What part of this sensor could possibly rust? Need to figure out another solution for ATO.

seeing if I have any pics worth sharing on my phone.....

A949B300-D37D-40F1-8CBA-BBF16BB2B6FE.jpeg
0CCE5D57-1533-45D9-A184-DB75EB31A610.jpeg
C4CB9864-6D27-4F8A-9E20-484BBC9C95B9.jpeg
A8B29BA5-F20E-470C-9DAB-45B296541EE2.jpeg
06CD74F2-E7AF-4D13-98C5-40F5AE1E59B0.jpeg
455F3697-A8E8-40BF-944E-8B4113AEFBE0.jpeg

Evaaron

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They have a newer version of the optical switches that are supposed to stay better sealed here the wire goes into the assembly. I dont think these cheap Chinese optical switches were ever intended for salt water.

I used to run 3 400 watt radiums over my display and much prefer the flexibility of the Radions. Will also save allot of electricity in the long run.

I also picked up a Versa to run my calcium reactor but find Mobius to be a bit limiting at the moment. The hardware from ecotech is amazing as always but lacks great software. Good news is software can be expanded on and fixed!

Last edited:

gig 'em

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Man, I was so busy building my own fish room during this time I didn't notice you were doing the exact same thing. It's funny how identical our builds seem to be. We both ordered our tanks through River City Aquatics and we both had to install a header when we found a load bearing column in the wall. We should have been doing this together!

Do you have any plans for humidity control in your room? Ty and I have been working together to get mini split AC units installed in our fish rooms to knock out humidity and cool down the room in the summer months. It's not too late to join the club!

Last edited:
OP
OP
Caravanshaka

Caravanshaka

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Man, I was so busy building my own fish room during this time I didn't notice you were doing the exact same thing. It's funny how identical our builds seem to be. We both ordered our tanks through River City Aquatics and we both had to install a header when we found a load bearing column in the wall. We should have been doing this together!

Do you have any plans for humidity control in your room? Ty and I have been working together to get mini split AC units installed in our fish rooms to knock out humidity and cool down the room in the summer months. It's not too late to join the club!

haha, yeah I saw your tank at the shop when I was paying for my down payment on mine!

I haven't had any humidity issues yet...I've got a good sized dehumidifier in the room and it stays under 50% without much effort. The room is around 500 sq ft and part of the central air though, so that makes a big difference. We'll see what happens in the summer, but I don't expect too many issues.

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 79 38.2%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 69 33.3%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 26 12.6%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 31 15.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.0%
Back