Carbo calcium

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

chefbuddy24

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Lou Ekus, I have been using afr but with the shortage my lfs gave me a bottle of carbo calcium to use. I currently dose afr 31ml per day in a 75g Sps dominant reef. I will start dosing as per the instructions but my question is as follows.
Is the carbo calcium just afr without the added trace elements? If so can I just start dosing the same as the afr. Then what product do I need to dose to add the trace elements that are in afr?

Thank for the time,
Robert

Lou Ekus

Tropic Marin USA
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Lou Ekus, I have been using afr but with the shortage my lfs gave me a bottle of carbo calcium to use. I currently dose afr 31ml per day in a 75g Sps dominant reef. I will start dosing as per the instructions but my question is as follows.
Is the carbo calcium just afr without the added trace elements? If so can I just start dosing the same as the afr. Then what product do I need to dose to add the trace elements that are in afr?

Thank for the time,
Robert
Yes, AFR actually starts out as Carbocalcium. So yes, you can start with the same dosage. The trace elements that get added are the trace elements in Trace A and Trace K. The AFR also has our Bio Magnesium in it. The BRS website has a DIY kit for the AFR. But if you go to that page, you will see that it will give you a link to the "recipe" to make you own AFR. You already have the Carbocalcium. You would just need the Trace A and Trace K and the Bio Magnesium and then follow the recipe.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 42 32.1%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 29 22.1%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 26 19.8%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 34 26.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back