carbon dosing/nopox > GFO for po4

Joedubyk

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have used po4 twice now, both to my acros detriment. Luckily, I know the exact signs that the acros are not utiziling enough po4 EVEN if it's still registering high on a phos kit (or in my case several)

Alas, dosed nopox (very slowly and carefully) and my po4 issues are solved. Bonus, my acros look great

I really think GFO/Rowaphos are bad for acros.

Charlie’s Frags

Follow me on Instagram @Charlies Frags
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have used po4 twice now, both to my acros detriment. Luckily, I know the exact signs that the acros are not utiziling enough po4 EVEN if it's still registering high on a phos kit (or in my case several)

Alas, dosed nopox (very slowly and carefully) and my po4 issues are solved. Bonus, my acros look great

I really think GFO/Rowaphos are bad for acros.
Did you mean you’ve used “GFO” twice now?

jda

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The only real difference is the speed in which you removed it. Removal is removal. Therefore, it was likely your application and not the product, like so many other things in life where the tool is not the issue but the user of the tool. You can remove slowly with GFO too, but it takes a small amount and it can exhaust in hours and people don't understand what happened and use too much and lower the water column level too quickly and then it bounces back quickly when the aragonite unbinds causing a spike down and spike up of which most are oblivious.

Also, introducing organic carbon does things that you are probably not considering in your calculus, but we should probably leave all of that out of this.

Back