care requirements about rainbow hornets and fruit loops zoas

reef4life!!!

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi, i ordered some zoas and i would like some information about their requirements. I ordered 1 fruit loop frag and 1 rainbow hornet frag and i did some research about them but i only found out for the fruit loops. I haven't find any information about the rainbow hornets zoas so if anyone knows something about them please feel free to share.

I need advice about placement and care

Current lighting: 2 T5's 39watts each(78 watts in total) over a 120X50X40cm tank

current flow: 1 sicce wavemaker that's 2000 liters per hour and my canisters return pump that returns the water back to the tank.

I have a duncan, 1 hammer,1 acan,2 blasto and 1 radioactive zoa frag that are all in the middle of my tank and they are ok since now.

ReefRusty

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Of you can isolated your Zoas on there own island then do that as they can spread like a weed eventually, in terms of feeding they are fine without food but can target feed if you wish. I do when feeding other corals.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
reef4life!!!

reef4life!!!

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Of you can isolated your Zoas on there own island then do that as they can spread like a weed eventually, in terms of feeding they are fine without food but can target feed if you wish. I do when feeding other corals.
Yeah i am trying to make a zoa garden but I will have to find the sweet spot for all of them..

Upvote 0

Reefing_addiction

It’s my TANK and I want it NOW!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
All zoas tend to like the same thing. Start them low in tank and move them up to where you want them. 50-100 par. Darker zoas seem to like lower light. But given enough time and slowly moving zoas up into higher light is possible.

they like dirty water. So don’t let your nitrates bottom out. 5 ppm nitrates or better.

They like iodide. But be carful with dosing. Always stay on the safe side a dose less then recommended unless you want to do ICP test often.

to feed or not to feed is up to you. Some zoas respond to feeding some don’t.

Upvote 0

Reefing_addiction

It’s my TANK and I want it NOW!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Low to medium flow. Zoas should open up fully (if they don’t flow may be to high)

They will stretch for more light if they want more (if you like that look leave them) they will stay shorter if they are getting enough light

Upvote 0

Zoa_Fanatic

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have my fruit loops like 4” from the light in my biocube 32 led and they’re taking off. They’ve gone from 10ish heads 6 months ago to almost 50 now. This was them about 5 months ago. The heads have gotten significantly smaller due to the high light they are receiving but their colors are brighter and they reproduce like rabbits. That entire square frag is covered now with tiny heads and they’re growing on my rockwork

Attachments

• 57901A00-83B9-4EC4-B1FD-F31112C964BC.jpeg
    57901A00-83B9-4EC4-B1FD-F31112C964BC.jpeg
    168.3 KB · Views: 51
Upvote 0
OP
OP
reef4life!!!

reef4life!!!

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Low to medium flow. Zoas should open up fully (if they don’t flow may be to high)

They will stretch for more light if they want more (if you like that look leave them) they will stay shorter if they are getting enough light
my nitrates are stable at 5-10ppm and my phosphates are also stable at 0.25-0.50ppm.
i don't know my par levels so i am just thinking to place them both at a medium(and a little lower) position. As for the flow that spot i think it has low flow

Have mine on a rock in the sandbed. Don't need a to much light, but have read the bright colour zoas prefer more light.
which zoas you have on your sandbed and what are the light levels over there?

* I had an eagle eye zoa for 2 weeks that was bright green but in just a week it turned brown and i had it in my top section of my tank.Now its been closed for over 2 weeks and its in low flow and low light section of my tank.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
reef4life!!!

reef4life!!!

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have my fruit loops like 4” from the light in my biocube 32 led and they’re taking off. They’ve gone from 10ish heads 6 months ago to almost 50 now. This was them about 5 months ago. The heads have gotten significantly smaller due to the high light they are receiving but their colors are brighter and they reproduce like rabbits. That entire square frag is covered now with tiny heads and they’re growing on my rockwork
beautifull colors...hope mine does so well too :)...

Upvote 0

Clear reef vision: How do you clean the inside of the glass on your aquarium?

• Razor blade

Votes: 133 59.9%
  • Plastic scraper

Votes: 64 28.8%
  • Clean-up crew

Votes: 79 35.6%
  • Magic eraser

Votes: 39 17.6%
  • Other

Votes: 63 28.4%
Back