Caribbean pistol shrimp with ywg pir

katsreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got a caribbean pistol shrimp (pic of the white shrimp below) to pair with my goby. The shop knew I was looking for a shrimp to go with the ywg. Now I am reading some caribbean pistols won’t pair? It hasn’t been 24 hrs so I’ll still give it time. He is already burrowing and making tunnels. Will they pair? I have a 20g tank

81CBB0EA-05C5-4021-B6B1-460246CD97E3.jpeg

Petcrazyson

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got a caribbean pistol shrimp (pic of the white shrimp below) to pair with my goby. The shop knew I was looking for a shrimp to go with the ywg. Now I am reading some caribbean pistols won’t pair? It hasn’t been 24 hrs so I’ll still give it time. He is already burrowing and making tunnels. Will they pair? I have a 20g tank

81CBB0EA-05C5-4021-B6B1-460246CD97E3.jpeg
It can take a bit for a pistol shrimp to pair up with a goby. Usually it’s either almost instantly or can take a few days or weeks. It’s all up to them. Since you have a 20 gallon I’m sure they’ll find themselves quickly enough. Make sure that where he is burrowing, the sand is deep enough and that the rocks are sturdy enough.

OP
OP
katsreef

katsreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It can take a bit for a pistol shrimp to pair up with a goby. Usually it’s either almost instantly or can take a few days or weeks. It’s all up to them. Since you have a 20 gallon I’m sure they’ll find themselves quickly enough. Make sure that where he is burrowing, the sand is deep enough and that the rocks are sturdy enough.
I’ll give it some time then because it hasn’t been 24hr yet lol. The sand bed is pretty deep! The rocks went in first before the sand thankfully. The shrimp is already making tons of burrows

Petcrazyson

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ll give it some time then because it hasn’t been 24hr yet lol. The sand bed is pretty deep! The rocks went in first before the sand thankfully. The shrimp is already making tons of burrows
That’s good. YWG with Shrimps as pairs are amongst the most common pairing. I say you’re in with a good chance.

Stomatopods17

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Little late, but that's not a caribbean pistol shrimp, its a green pistol shrimp, It won't pair with gobys but I've seem them kept communally with other green pistols.

OP
OP
katsreef

katsreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Little late, but that's not a caribbean pistol shrimp, its a green pistol shrimp, It won't pair with gobys but I've seem them kept communally with other green pistols.
it's not green. it's white/clear looking. its a white caribbean pistol shrimp but the pail makes it look green haha

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 48 34.8%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 29 21.0%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 11 8.0%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 10 7.2%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 36 26.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.9%
Back