Caribsea Hawaiian black too big for sand sifters?

Deadlocked

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know theres other threads with similar questions, but there are a lot of mixed answers, so i figured id give it another shot. The grain size of the sand is between .25-3.5mm. If i wanted a sand sifting goby in my 32gal biocube is the sand too big? Thanks in advance.

ChaseB143

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know theres other threads with similar questions, but there are a lot of mixed answers, so i figured id give it another shot. The grain size of the sand is between .25-3.5mm. If i wanted a sand sifting goby in my 32gal biocube is the sand too big? Thanks in advance.
I had a diamond goby with that sand and it did fine. It was probably 3ish inches though.

SashimiTurtle

Turtle
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would say yes. It's mostly crushed lava rock, and pretty coarse with sharp edges. I think it can vary in size from bag to bag also, so you may get a fine bag or you may get a little more coarse bag.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 35 31.8%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 26 23.6%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 19.1%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 25.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back