CaribSea South Seas Base Rock Vs. Marco -- Same thing?

miltonkl

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyone have experience with the CaribSea South Seas Base Rock? It looks like Marco rock in the picture, is it basically identical in practice? I need to order some rock soon for a new build anyways and the CaribSea stuff is on sale for $1.50 a pound at Chewy vs the $3 a pound Marco at BRS and other suppliers. Seems like it might be a good time for me to go ahead and buy if they're essentially the same thing.

blaxsun

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If it looks the same, it's probably similar (at least aesthetically). There may be subtle differences between the two, but you'd probably have to inquire with each company,

Obsessed with fish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyone have experience with the CaribSea South Seas Base Rock? It looks like Marco rock in the picture, is it basically identical in practice? I need to order some rock soon for a new build anyways and the CaribSea stuff is on sale for $1.50 a pound at Chewy vs the $3 a pound Marco at BRS and other suppliers. Seems like it might be a good time for me to go ahead and buy if they're essentially the same thing.
I use Caribsea south base rock, all I can say is the carib sea is amazing and works great, I would definitely recommend it.

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 44 35.5%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 27 21.8%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.3%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.3%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 31 25.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.2%
Back