Status
Not open for further replies.

VelasCorals

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I recently setup a 240 gallon ArtFully Acrylic built tank once I moved to NC and actually still have it up and running in the old house as I type this. However, about 6 months after setting the tank up we had a surprise baby / blessing to add to the other 3 kiddos! The house we were in, that we just moved into, wasn't a good layout for 4 kids. So, 8 months after moving into a house, we decided we had to move again.

Of course crushed by the realization that I have to now tear down a tank that I just setup 6 months ago and is finally starting to come to its own, was a huge blown to say the least. However, all things happen for reason! We finally settled on a house that has the perfect room for a display tank!

It doesn't stop there! Directly below the room for the tank is an unfinished room in the basement. That is where this build / obsession / don't tell my wife how much this costs starts...

I can't seem to find the original picture of the room. In this picture I already have the large utility sink installed with new water lines and the wall painted. Much more to come!

d6a66c0436eb52f79f72b7dfbadcabfc.jpg

Last edited:

FoD

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Relatively. I'm up in Raleigh often. I live in Tega Cay SC (Charlotte area).

OP
OP
VelasCorals

VelasCorals

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here's a break down for what I have planned:

Upstairs will be a 260 gallon display that is 8'x2'x2'.

In the basement will be TWO 300 gallon Rubbermaid stock tanks and ONE 150 gallon stock tank. Combined with the display upstairs the volume will be 1000 gallons. I'll also have a QT setup for fish that will be made up of my old sump that is 7' long.

Pruett-nc

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to north cacky lacky . I live in roxboro and work cary , raleigh , garner and fuquay varina areas .

OP
OP
VelasCorals

VelasCorals

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wall trim installed and more importantly the first 300 gallon Rubbermaid in place. My son who is my ginger (the opposite of the rest of my kids) in place for the pseudo mermaid shot.

Also installed 2x6 around the room for mounting electrical, water lines or anything else that need to attached to a wall. I found out using a hammer drill is pretty fun!

0718a2a1a7443dbe0980fbb413dfbcf9.jpg

Last edited:

Empress

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here's a break down for what I have planned:

Upstairs will be a 260 gallon display that is 8'x2'x2'.

In the basement will be TWO 300 gallon Rubbermaid stock tanks and ONE 150 gallon stock tank. Combined with the display upstairs the volume will be 1000 gallons. I'll also have a QT setup for fish that will be made up of my old sump that is 7' long.

I think an 8x2x2=240. Same size as mine unless I missed something. Tell your daughter that I love the blue floor. Mine is an ugly carpet. [emoji227]

ArtFully Acrylic

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think an 8x2x2=240. Same size as mine unless I missed something. Tell your daughter that I love the blue floor. Mine is an ugly carpet. [emoji227]

I say it was just a typo :rolleyes:;Hilarious. Don't worry though, we don't let @Incredible Corals build tanks or get toooooo close to big power tools when he comes up to the shop and store in VA. However, he is indeed the fish and coral whisperer ;Pompus.

OP
OP
VelasCorals

VelasCorals

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Actually all wrong! 239.4. But yes that was a typo. My daughter seriously wanted pink floors. Almost gave in.

nova65ss

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice I'm in Raleigh too welcome to the area!

OP
OP
VelasCorals

VelasCorals

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
All 3 tanks in place!

2 x 300 gallon stock tanks. One will he a lagoon setup, mangroves, large fish, coral grow out etc. The other will be eggcrate racks with lots of corals.

1 x 150 gallon stock tank. Will be housing the skimmer, heaters and all that other fun stuff that we don't like to look at.

65d7eedb4674fc251a5fcf32b9439740.jpg

Zachhll

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is this why my clear view lid hasn't shipped yet. lol I kid I kid. But this is looking like a awesome project.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back