OP
VelasCorals

VelasCorals

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to NC! I grew up in that area and moved to Wilmington 10 years ago and never left. I'm setting up a 180 myself right now. Shoot me a line when you got some corals for sale or if your in my area!

You got it!

sublime250

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice! I bought an aprilaire dehumidifier for my room for a serious permanent solution

OP
OP
VelasCorals

VelasCorals

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any HVAC or Hydroponics people here that can point me in the right direction for an exhaust fan with humidity sensor? Seems to be a million options out there and want to buy the right unit the first time. The room is around 300 sq/ft. Thanks

OP
OP
VelasCorals

VelasCorals

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

October Sky

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks so much. That kind has a way long run life than the others I saw. I'll get that one ordered up for sure. Now just need to cut a hole in the side of the house without the wife noticing.

To the last part, I just go with "Honey, that's always been there. I wish you'd take more interest in my hobbies. I saved the family money by using pre-existing holes!"

To the first part, I got nothing, except experience with a gable fan. Those things are serious. It literally pulled doors shut in my house because of the negative pressure. It's a hold-over from year's gone buy, the prior owner put in central air, so we covered the fan with insulation (NY temps being what they are, we were losing serious heat to through the louvers, as well as serious cooling through the same during the summer).

OP
OP
VelasCorals

VelasCorals

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Today was one looooong day! Successfully moved all the fish and coral over to the lagoon stock tank. Got the rock scrap the way I wanted it and all the fish seem happy as can be!

c78bbf285ecacd56c56b6ecbfb598841.jpg

039288c3a8d47945e4c01c9830948953.jpg

a750398cdb6a10e831c3e79b17999fe6.jpg

13a5b8fe5378cd5c3ef8dd0de46dcd93.jpg

e09ffe278374eaf083c594927d6eebfd.jpg

OP
OP
VelasCorals

VelasCorals

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just found this thread :)
Display pics please.......

Right now the display is all torn apart and half full of water. Nothing much to see right now except for a bunch of dried salt water spills all over the front and lots of algae.

The plan this weekend is the display now from the old house, clean it all up, put it in place, add sand and start filling up and working on the plumbing. I forgot now that I have this big lagoon I need more rock, fish and corals :) Oh and my buddy is supposed to come over and help me install this exhaust vent in the room. Don't think it will be too difficult but cutting a hole in the side of the house makes me a littler nervous.

OP
OP
VelasCorals

VelasCorals

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just ordered 120 lbs of sand and 150 lbs of Tukani rock for the display. I LOOOOVE Aquascaping new tanks - just wish I was better at it. For the display I want something that has a much more open feel. Not rock walls on this tank. Was even thinking one island on the left 1/3 of the tank and the rest all open / clean sand bed. Hummm... so many decisions!

NeverlosT

SPS nut
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Excited to see this build continue! Man I wish I had that much room! Keep it up, the corals look happy, let us know what kind of a cycle you see in the new system.

OP
OP
VelasCorals

VelasCorals

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Excited to see this build continue! Man I wish I had that much room! Keep it up, the corals look happy, let us know what kind of a cycle you see in the new system.

So far all the corals seem to be doing well. Even all the SPS. I was in such a rush I didn't acclimate anything. Just pulled it out of the bucket and placed it in the new tank. I also didn't realize how fat my fish are. From the side you can't see it but from the top down they are thick!

Also found out the queen angel or Koran likes wellsos. One of them took a bite out of my rainbow wellso :(. Hopefully it recovers but we shall see.

I'm hoping tonight I can get the eggcrate setup in the first 300 so I can pull all the LPS out of the sand bed before one of them makes it a snack.

Also having some major humidity / evaluation going on. The dehumidifier doesn't get a break. The exhaust fan should be here this week and will need to get that installed ASAP.

jwilson84

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's awesome! I'm actually in Fuquay-Varina myself. Right off 401 and Airpark Road.

OP
OP
VelasCorals

VelasCorals

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's awesome! I'm actually in Fuquay-Varina myself. Right off 401 and Airpark Road.

Sweet! I have no idea where that is yet. Do you happen to be friends with Don? I know it can be small world sometimes...

Status
Not open for further replies.

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 73 37.6%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 66 34.0%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 12.9%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 28 14.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.0%
Back