Carpet Anemone Lovin, show off your Carpets!!!

Bob Loblaw

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How do you go about doing the treatment/ where did you get the meds?!

I get mine from Ebay-- https://www.ebay.com/itm/Fish-Flox-...023428&hash=item3af9cc9d57:g:vKgAAOSw63FaKNcf I go with the 250 mg as it made dosing easier in my case.

25mgs/gal. I used a 20 gal and filled it half way. Need an adequate light, heater, powerhead, airstone optional, something to keep nem away from heater/powerhead.
Dissolve pill at lights out.(light breaks down cipro) Next day do a 50-100% water change at lights out, add dose. Repeat process for 7 days. Monitor and siphon out waste as needed

OP
OP
Christopher Davis

Christopher Davis

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I get mine from Ebay-- https://www.ebay.com/itm/Fish-Flox-...023428&hash=item3af9cc9d57:g:vKgAAOSw63FaKNcf I go with the 250 mg as it made dosing easier in my case.

25mgs/gal. I used a 20 gal and filled it half way. Need an adequate light, heater, powerhead, airstone optional, something to keep nem away from heater/powerhead.
Dissolve pill at lights out. Next day do a 50-100% water change at lights out, add dose. Repeat process for 7 days. Monitor and siphon out waste as needed
I’m Most likely going to do this however I just don’t want to cause any more stress if it’s going to be all right, for now kind of makes me nervous you know.

Bob Loblaw

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Your call. Haddonis are less prone to infection than Gigs and Mags but still susceptible. Catching the infection early is key for success imo. If it starts deflating on you before treatment the odds aren't in your favor.

OP
OP
Christopher Davis

Christopher Davis

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Your call. Haddonis are less prone to infection than Gigs and Mags but still susceptible. Catching the infection early is key for success imo. If it starts deflating on you before treatment the odds aren't in your favor.
Could lack of appatite be a symptom? I’m trying to figure out if there are any other early warning signs? I think I’m going to do the treatment to be on the safe side it’s a beautiful specimen and I don’t want to loose it!

videosilva

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have maxi minis but I was looking for something a bit bigger and characteristics closer to a proper carpet anemone

Why would there be a problem adding a carpet to a 40 gallon tank ? You would be limited to the number of rocks in the tank for the carpet. You would also be limited in the number of corals as the carpet will take up a HUGE space of the tank.

videosilva

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mine took a long time to generally host and take interest in anything! The only think you can do is be patient, with them bitting at his mouth hosting is coming. I took a nap and out of the blue one day bam both were hosting!

That is surprising as clown normally go crazy when they see a carpet and jump right in. I have heard if they are tank raised the instinct is not there. I don't know how true that is as I have no idea where my clown where born ??

videosilva

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Juvenile clowns take time. Mine took 6-7 months till they got the nem bug.

NOT TRUE ! DO don make false uniformed statements or comments. I was on youtube about an hour ago and was watching hundred of baby clown in an anemone.

videosilva

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Picture is a bit washed out but you get the idea. This picture was taken about six months ago. Carpet and Trigger have doubled in size since. At one point I had 4 carpets.
26239865_10159763156105403_9154153619968107788_n.jpg

OP
OP
Christopher Davis

Christopher Davis

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Exactly what I thought when I saw the picture. Is it in a shaded part of the tank ? The picture is washed out giving the impression of shade.

I haven’t fed it yet... I’m asking if lack of appatite could be a warning sign? it’s under 4xt5HO ATI BULBS and a kessil 160 lighting is not the issue, that shade is from the power head it moved under that I turned off for the time being.

Bob Loblaw

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Spirocyst not firing could be an indicator of an infection but could also just be due to stress from recent move.

Tank bred vs wild caught and age has nothing to do with whether the clown will find the nem. A few generations of captive breeding can not undue millions of years of evolution. Mix natural symbiants and hosting will be almost instantaneous.

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Beautiful anemones! Saw a few large ones at the Fl Frag Swap this past weekend!

OP
OP
Christopher Davis

Christopher Davis

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My 3 week old! Still trying to decide what clowns to throw in this guy... my guy, my percula could care less. They won’t ever abandon the RBTA’s

EA986549-1A7F-4924-856D-67F613291DA2.jpeg

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 36 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 24.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.3%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 26.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back