Carpet Anemone Lovin, show off your Carpets!!!

OrionN

Anemones
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You guys and gals wanted me to show off so here are the pictures you asked for. This is a Purple Gigantea anemone under blue light.
PurpleGigantea2017061501.jpg

Last edited:

OrionN

Anemones
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The above Giganea (post 221) is actually purple under normal light. Here is the same anemone under normal white light instead of actinic. This anemone is special because he is the oldest Gigantea I am able to keep alive ling term. I had him since 2013.
PurpleGigantea2017062503.jpg

OrionN

Anemones
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I dont have DNA analysis, but my green above have multiple characteristic that is just in between Haddoni and Gigantea. I would be very surprise if an DNA analysis did not show DNA from both Haddoni and Gigantea, close to 50/50 ratio.
Biggest Gigantea is about 20 inches and smallest is about 12 inches

dylana407

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I dont have DNA analysis, but my green above have multiple characteristic that is just in between Haddoni and Gigantea. I would be very surprise if an DNA analysis did not show DNA from both Haddoni and Gigantea, close to 50/50 ratio.
20".... that's huge.

OP
OP
Christopher Davis

Christopher Davis

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sell me one! Lol

BestMomEver

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Question..... and I apologize if this has been discussed.... I have a Fluval Evo AIO 5 gallon. I would love to put one small anemone and a baby ocellaris in it. I will rehome them at some point when they get too big or put them in my 60 cube. Is it possible to do this? I had one in a DT but it never came out from under the live rock and eventually died. I also had one eaten by a power head. I know BTAs move around a lot. Is there an anemone that will more likely stay in one place? Is there a sand bed dwelling anemone? I have so many questions...

OP
OP
Christopher Davis

Christopher Davis

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This thread is deadicated to carpet anemones alone, with that being said there are great threads to help you consider what anemones would be best suited for you! And or if you are new to keeping these critters! This link should help you :)

Anemones dieing could be a lot of things. There a lot more sensitive than you think. Tbh there are not really any small anemones that allow to be hosted. Anemones can get massive under the right conditions. Especially carpets!
Sand dwelling anemones can include carpets, long tentacles and seabae anemones.

@esimison

https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/anemones-and-why-you-should-wait.385384/

Last edited:

Rock solid aquascape: Does the weight of the rocks in your aquascape matter?

• The weight of the rocks is a key factor.

Votes: 10 8.6%
  • The weight of the rocks is one of many factors.

Votes: 42 36.2%
  • The weight of the rocks is a minor factor.

Votes: 35 30.2%
  • The weight of the rocks is not a factor.

Votes: 28 24.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.9%
Back