Carpet nem with premium snowflake clowns?

Nigel35

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Will a carpet nem take these guys out? I know it will be a bit of a gamble with the more expensive clowns. Worth the risk or just get a different nem? I really like carpet anemone's but I'm not sure if the clowns will take the potency of its sting... Thoughts?

Nigel

Dallascowboys16

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Will a carpet nem take these guys out? I know it will be a bit of a gamble with the more expensive clowns. Worth the risk or just get a different nem? I really like carpet anemone's but I'm not sure if the clowns will take the potency of its sting... Thoughts?

Nigel
As far as I know, a lot of people keep carpet news with clowns. Yes, the sting is more potent than other types of news, but usually the clowns are fine. I have only ever heard of a few isolated cases when the new actually ate a clown and if I had to guess the fish was already sick. I wouldn't worry too much about it.

Reef GE

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As far as I know, a lot of people keep carpet news with clowns. Yes, the sting is more potent than other types of news, but usually the clowns are fine. I have only ever heard of a few isolated cases when the new actually ate a clown and if I had to guess the fish was already sick. I wouldn't worry too much about it.
My healthy carpet ate (3) of my very healthy clowns - 2 ocellaris and 1 tomato clown. They were perfectly healthy. I saw it happen (2) out of (3) times. Learned that Haddoni are not a ocellaris clowns natural host. Saddlebacks and a couple other clowns go well with Haddoni, but in my experience not every Haddoni will accept every clown.

Dallascowboys16

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My healthy carpet ate (3) of my very healthy clowns - 2 ocellaris and 1 tomato clown. They were perfectly healthy. I saw it happen (2) out of (3) times. Learned that Haddoni are not a ocellaris clowns natural host. Saddlebacks and a couple other clowns go well with Haddoni, but in my experience not every Haddoni will accept every clown.
Well there you have it. I knew they could be fish eaters. Thanks for the input. Sounds like it is best to avoid them with certain types of clown.

ca1ore

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Assuming the OP is talking about haddoni, I would not try it with ocellaris clowns. Gigantea would be better.

Rock solid aquascape: Does the weight of the rocks in your aquascape matter?

• The weight of the rocks is a key factor.

Votes: 10 8.8%
  • The weight of the rocks is one of many factors.

Votes: 42 36.8%
  • The weight of the rocks is a minor factor.

Votes: 34 29.8%
  • The weight of the rocks is not a factor.

Votes: 27 23.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.9%
Back