Cast of Pom Pom Crabs

abbypoodle

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Apparently a group of crabs is called a cast. I love crabs and in particular I love Pom Pom crabs.

Anybody work with a cast of Pom Pom crabs? I’m thinking about 5-10 in my 180 SPS tank. Would be amazing to captive breed them if that’s even possible.

Soren

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Apparently a group of crabs is called a cast. I love crabs and in particular I love Pom Pom crabs.

Anybody work with a cast of Pom Pom crabs? I’m thinking about 5-10 in my 180 SPS tank. Would be amazing to captive breed them if that’s even possible.
I've got no personal experience with these crabs, but this sounds interesting! I find most creatures more interesting in groups if it is how they would naturally appear (especially schools of fish like anthias).

OP
OP
A

abbypoodle

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve found that these can and do spawn in captivity. So, that at least one hard part out of the way. I think the problem comes with capturing and feeding extremely small crab nymphs or whatever they’re called.
I love watching the behavior of groups or inverts.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 35 31.0%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 27 23.9%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.6%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 26.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back