Catalytic Carbon whole house prefiltration monitoring solution.

CayeCaulker

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am installing Catalytic Carbon prefilters before I supply the water softener and the RODI systems. I want to use two of these filters so I can monitor the output of the first filter and know when I need to replace media and flip the two around.

I have Chloramine sanitized water and need a test strip or some solution so I can see when the first filter is starting to fail. I see strips for Chlorine but nothing specifically for Chloramine. I know the presence of chloramine can throw off sensors. Chat GPT told me so. :)

Dan_P

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am installing Catalytic Carbon prefilters before I supply the water softener and the RODI systems. I want to use two of these filters so I can monitor the output of the first filter and know when I need to replace media and flip the two around.

I have Chloramine sanitized water and need a test strip or some solution so I can see when the first filter is starting to fail. I see strips for Chlorine but nothing specifically for Chloramine. I know the presence of chloramine can throw off sensors. Chat GPT told me so. :)
Chloramine reacts like chlorine in many chlorine tests just a bit more slowly.

Buckeye Hydro

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are you installing filter cartridges, or backwashing cat carbon tanks?

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 142 88.2%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 9 5.6%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 7 4.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 1.9%
Back