Catching a fish… That hides in the sand

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I have a week to get this fish out of the tank. If you have seen my build thread you’ll know which it is, if you haven’t yet then it’s my jade wrasse. She has been my proudest fish I’ve owned because she hasn’t been overly aggressive. Well this past week she crossed the line, my radiant got beaten up by her and is missing scales. The radiant now goes on her side, face towards the surface and spreads her fins and goes over the jade when she swims near the radiant. I have watched the Jade chase the radiant around the tank and I would love another fish that wasn’t just a wrasse. A tilefish has always been on my dream fish list (Not specifically the flashing). Well it appears today and for the past few weeks, the LFS has in a beautiful flashing tilefish. It came to my attention when I saw it flash, before then I just shrugged it off thinking it was a regular blue head. Now I’ve seen it’s a flashing tilefish, I’ve left it a week to calm down (Reservation is the best weapon with these types of fish haha).
Here’s my question:
Without stressing my radiant, Foxface, twin spot bristletooth, CBB, or Jade how do I get the jade wrasse out of the tank? I can’t wait till night since they sleep in the sand so it has to be in the day which is a nightmare since my other guys are out and get scared by nets easily

HK180

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Fish trap or rake your fingers over the sand where they're sleeping (I had to get my leopard wrasse out when my tank failed).

Rock solid aquascape: Does the weight of the rocks in your aquascape matter?

• The weight of the rocks is a key factor.

Votes: 10 8.7%
  • The weight of the rocks is one of many factors.

Votes: 42 36.5%
  • The weight of the rocks is a minor factor.

Votes: 35 30.4%
  • The weight of the rocks is not a factor.

Votes: 27 23.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.9%
Back