Caulerpa chemnitzia going sexual?

WallyB

REEF Techno-Geek
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have been considering Berghia nudibranchs for a few months, though my Nero 5 looks like it could make quick work of them :(. Maybe I should try a Peppermint shrimp instead (no corals for it to potentially consume in my build). Love its looks!
I vote for Berghia, get at least two.
You may already have other aptasia you can't see and they will find and eat them.
Of course the Berghia will die/starve once there is no more aptasia in your tank. Unfortunate but necessary.
If you can catch them you can give them to someone who has aptasia.

Don't worry about your Nero 5. These Berghia's are survivors.
I had mine locked in a my sump area and they excaped and took a ride thru my return pump (Impeller blade spinning) to arrive (alive) and live in my Display tank ....till they starved there.

Isopod80

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@WallyB @Isopod80 what do you two think?
I'd probably just leave it. I doubt a piece that size will cloud the tank. Besides, it looks mainly like a macro tank anyway. You may not mind a little more Caulerpa. Either way, you're going to end up having to thin the heard eventually as it spreads.

OP
OP
WheatToast

WheatToast

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@WallyB @Isopod80 Update: Day 4
7F26B1B0-923E-4CD8-B919-7DCA70C4EA8F.jpeg

I accidentally left the algae in a more open spot to examine more easily over the next few days… and it floated away. RIP :(. I would assume I should definitely remove it now (as it has lost its form and is almost entirely pale now).

WallyB

REEF Techno-Geek
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@WallyB @Isopod80 Update: Day 4
7F26B1B0-923E-4CD8-B919-7DCA70C4EA8F.jpeg

I accidentally left the algae in a more open spot to examine more easily over the next few days… and it floated away. RIP :(. I would assume I should definitely remove it now (as it has lost its form and is almost entirely pale now).
Yup. Remove it. It's done.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 31 31.6%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 24 24.5%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 18 18.4%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 25 25.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back