Caulerpa went sexual, in canister filter hoses.

StealthJett

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So essentially awhile back my caulerpa went sexual, probably because I didn’t give it enough light. I cleared the tank of it but it got into my canister filter hoses, I’ve ran some brushes on a string through them but I have to get literally 100% of it out of the hoses or else it comes back. I’ve cleaned it before and I got a lot of i out but it all came back. Can I soak it in freshwater or some type of solution overnight to kill the algae. It keeps yellowing the water that runs through the canister filter. Thank you!

lazycouch

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i suggest you flush the hoses with a hydrogen peroxide dip, or if you can just dip them in there for a couple hours clean them with a brush then flush them. main goal is to get rid of all the holdfasts

mfinn

likes zoanthids
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
To clean everything out, hoses included I would set the canister filter up running ( 5 gallon bucket) with a bleach water solution for 12 hours.
Flush it out and run the same using a strong dechlorinator solution.
Air dry and you're good.

Backreefing

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you’re trying to clean up the hoses , screw that work . Just get new hoses . Done

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 53 48.6%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 60 55.0%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 25 22.9%
  • None.

Votes: 28 25.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 8.3%

Back