Cause for concern

missourimud

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good morning.
My lfs ordered me a bonded pair of rhomboid wrasse and got them in a week ago. I was set to pick them up yesterday but he informed me the female has a white bump on her back, right before her dorsal fin. It appears slightly raised. He has been holding them in a slight copper tank and monitoring. He wants to continue to hold to make sure everything is ok.
so up until this point I have not quarantined. I have a pair of clowns and bengai and a firefish. In preparation for these fish I set up a quarantine 10g that has been running for 5 days now and I put two pieces of live rock in (that can be removed when/if needed)
I have not quarantined before but have copper, tester, and metroplex on hand. They are eating well, he said the spot was not there in the AM but was when he looked over them after lunch.

I am nervous about going forward. I regret not doing quarantine on the previous fish but to be honest was overwhelmed by everything I was learning and knock on wood everything looks really good. With wrasse being sensitive and the stress they have been under I don’t know the best way forward. Seems like some people give wrasse the exception and put them into display with just acclimation. I also don’t think they are being held in therapeutic levels of copper at the lfs. So should I run copper? If so just try and hold at 1.5 instead of 2? Should I treat with metroplex? And it’s barely visible but you can just see the white spot on the photo, she really doesn’t want to pose for the camera.
Any suggestions greatly appreciated

OP
OP
missourimud

missourimud

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
AAB93569-95BD-43A0-B03A-B8851EB5FD96.jpeg

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 19 30.2%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 52 82.5%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 10 15.9%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 7 11.1%
  • Other

Votes: 3 4.8%
Back