Cause the addiction never stops. My new 400+ gallon tank

SPR1968

No, it wasn’t expensive dear....
View Badges
Reaction score
What is the cost of running the tank? Not the equipment and livestock but once everything is set up, what is the average cost per month for running giant setups like these?
Once the systems set up and running, and I can’t give you a figure, but the running costs don’t seem much worse than a smaller system to be honest. You just have more water.

Yes you need more of certain additives etc. but I haven’t noticed any significant change to the electricity bill, or maybe I’m in denial! Lol

The main cost is buying the equipment in the first place and then the live stock

Aquarium Specialty - dry goods & marine livestock

Ashish Patel

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Hows the tank? I got my 400+ gallon tank delivered and come to realize that ecotech products are out of stock because they are shut down. I think its going to be a long cycle for me and honestly I am fine with it

OP
widarecu

widarecu

View Badges
Reaction score
Hows the tank? I got my 400+ gallon tank delivered and come to realize that ecotech products are out of stock because they are shut down. I think its going to be a long cycle for me and honestly I am fine with it
I think the tank will be in place in about 6 weeks, need to wait until the frame and the walls are in place, seriously can’t wait.

Did you end up documenting your build? Any photos to have a look? :)

How do you run activated carbon on your reef tank?

• Reactor

Votes: 134 37.2%
  • Filter Sock

Votes: 12 3.3%
  • Mesh Bag

Votes: 165 45.8%
  • Other (please explain in the thread)

Votes: 6 1.7%
  • I don't run Carbon

Votes: 43 11.9%

Online statistics

Members online