Cbb and flasher wrasse in qt

ngoodermuth

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is there any issues with copper and the (maybe still a little) open sore on the butterfly? For some reason I feel like I remember it can be a problem.

I think it's more formalin than copper you have to worry about with open sores, but your butterfly looks healed enough that I wouldn't be worried regardless

melypr1985

totally addicted
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think it's more formalin than copper you have to worry about with open sores, but your butterfly looks healed enough that I wouldn't be worried regardless

+1

OP
OP
A

Areseebee

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I did a 70% water change last night. Wrasse still seemed pretty crappy in the morning... Leaned up against the side of the tank. Just came home from work and still kind of meh hiding in the back. I fed the tank and he is zooming all over, appears to be breathing normal again. His mouth still looks funny to me and he isn't actually eating much but is having a clear response and I think he's nibbling small things. Anyways I think this is a good sign, is there something I should buy to really get him going. He isn't interested in worms much, maybe live brine?

melypr1985

totally addicted
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
He's looking better! I'd say you could try live brine for a bit, or cyclops, Roe, plankton... ect See what he likes best.

OP
OP
A

Areseebee

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, the turn around since doing a huge water change and running carbon has been amazing. He's right back to hanging out with the copperband, sleeping in his pipe etc. On the last day of the antibiotic treatments he was struggling to stay upright and just laying down except when he realized I was watching. He's eating the spirulina brine like a champ and stuff.

I guess I'll start coppersafe soon but maybe just enjoy the drama free QT for a few more days first! Part of me wants to just ttm the wrasse in 10gs. I don't have two 20gs to ttm the the butterfly unfortunately and I worry he'll damage his nose in a small tank (also don't want to move him so much).

Copperbands wound looks awesome today, barely visible, just a light pink line at this point.

OP
OP
A

Areseebee

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Update is long overdue, they've been at therapeutic copper for 11 days now. Everyone is healed and healthy. Not sure how long I'll do copper for, excited to get these guys in the tank!

OP
OP
A

Areseebee

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For various logistical reasons I would like to move the fish today or tomorrow. Am I too early? The next chance I'll have is 12 days from now. Today is day 11 or 12 at therapeutic levels (I went ultra slow so I'm not sure exactly when I got over the threshold). If I did a cold transfer right to a holding bucket with tank water to travel to the DT (up a few flights of stairs) and then transfer into the DT, I feel like it's ok because I'm past the 10 day mark but I realize as always "more time would be better".

melypr1985

totally addicted
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For various logistical reasons I would like to move the fish today or tomorrow. Am I too early? The next chance I'll have is 12 days from now. Today is day 11 or 12 at therapeutic levels (I went ultra slow so I'm not sure exactly when I got over the threshold). If I did a cold transfer right to a holding bucket with tank water to travel to the DT (up a few flights of stairs) and then transfer into the DT, I feel like it's ok because I'm past the 10 day mark but I realize as always "more time would be better".

It's recommended to do this transfer into a holding tank for observation for two weeks. Since you don't know when you hit therapeutic levels exactly it's difficult to be sure that the fish were exposed for the full ten days.

OP
OP
A

Areseebee

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok I feel very confident it's been full dose for at least 10 days because of uncertainties in volume of the tank etc the slop might have had me just under 1.5 the first day so I'll call it 11 days. It's definitely between 11 and 12.

melypr1985

totally addicted
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok I feel very confident it's been full dose for at least 10 days because of uncertainties in volume of the tank etc the slop might have had me just under 1.5 the first day so I'll call it 11 days. It's definitely between 11 and 12.

Well it's good to be confident! I still recommend the observation period. :)

Kyl

And how does it feel like, to wake up in the sun
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you've been through all of this, is it really worth risking to get them in the tank early? I would hate for something to have gotten past, then you end up with an entire tank to catch, treat and fallow..

Back